Question Need help asap. Windows nuked my ssds

Dec 26, 2021
Basically windows forced me to do a system update. But instead of loading back up as normal it completely corrupted all my drives and I can’t even fresh install windows .
I took my main boot ssd out and put in my laptop, it showed up fine. But now it’s back in my desktop it’s not there in windows installer, and in the bios I can only see it in the intel rapid storage technology folder. Elsewhere in the bios it’s MIA, and even says N/A in the m.2 slots. I consider myself pretty tech savvy but I’m absolutely stumped

Dec 26, 2021
I did a cmos reset and all the drives showed up. No idea what was going on. I have a z690 aorus xtreme, i9 12900k, 3080ti, 64gb of Kingston HyperX beast 4800mhz ddr5 ram. I had 3 WD black gen 3.0 1TB nvme ssds and a 1TB Corsair mp510 gen 4 nvme ssd as my boot drive. I have no idea what windows version I was on, it was the latest version I tried to update to.

Hard reset was going to be the first recommendation. Sounds like something about the update confused the Windows boot manager or the CMOS and the reset of the hardware tables corrected it. Stuff happens. If you've never done a clean install of Windows for the version you're currently running since upgrading from an older version, or it has been a long time and you've been through several of the major spring and fall updates, it might be a good idea to consider doing a clean install. And by clean install I do not mean a refresh, reset or restore.

Dec 26, 2021
So I’ve narrowed down part of my problem. For some reason when enabling vmd in bios (which I had to do to be able to see intel rapid storage technology for my raid setup) it was just losing any detection of my ssds. I guess no raid for me anymore then.