Captensomething

Prominent
Aug 1, 2019
I installed a new graphics card on the pc worked fine all the way up to me installing the drivers when I did the pc completely shit itself and keeps freezing and black screaning or it will just look like a bad representation of a acid trip and idk what to do at this point the pc will work fine and boot no problem and get to home screen when the graphics card is out but when I reinstall it the pc can’t make it to home screen before it glitches and freezes

Kindly provide PC specs. Is that a brand new Video card ?

-1. "Complete" system specs should ALWAYS be accompanied with any driver, hardware, or performance question. Do not post DXDiag reports as they contain a TON of useless information. Posting a DxDiag in place of a System Spec List tends to ward off potential members from helping you.

Please supply the following system details/information:

(Complete System Specs)
-CPU make and model# (clock speed/voltage, type of cooler, and "Core" temperature @ idle and load)
-Motherboard make & model# (include Bios version if graphics card is not recognized or you are having stability issues)
-RAM (amount, clock speed, model#/link of kit, configuration)
-Graphics card(s) make and model# (clock speed, voltage if modified, Driver version and GPU temp both @ idle and load)
-Power supply make,model#, "AND" age (note if using 110V or 220V A/C input)
-HDD/SSD configuration (ie: Raid setup/ back up/ OS drive/etc..)
-Case/Chasis make,model# (fan make, model#, and configuration if having thermal issues)
-Operating System (If using Windows note Framework and service pack version)
-Monitor make, model#, and resolution (If model# is unknown list resolution and refresh rate)

*If the unit is a "laptop" or "All-in-one" system you must note the make and model# of the unit. Be sure you are ALWAYS using the OEM/manufacturer's Driver updates for the unit.

*If "Crashing":
-Note the nature of the "crash" in detail, as there are several definitions for the word "crash".

*If "performance" related issue:
-Note the "exact" point in which the performance reduction occurred (ie: After Windows update, After Bios update, After Driver update, After thermal system shutdown, After Hardware change/upgrade etc...)

*For diagnostic purposes please disable the following:
-Any/all Antivirus/ Anti-malware software
-Any/all OSD monitoring software
-ALL overclocks outside of factory spec

Captensomething

Prominent
Aug 1, 2019
Kindly provide PC specs. Is that a brand new Video card ?

-1. "Complete" system specs should ALWAYS be accompanied with any driver, hardware, or performance question. Do not post DXDiag reports as they contain a TON of useless information. Posting a DxDiag in place of a System Spec List tends to ward off potential members from helping you.

Please supply the following system details/information:

(Complete System Specs)
-CPU make and model# (clock speed/voltage, type of cooler, and "Core" temperature @ idle and load)
-Motherboard make & model# (include Bios version if graphics card is not recognized or you are having stability issues)
-RAM (amount, clock speed, model#/link of kit, configuration)
-Graphics card(s) make and model# (clock speed, voltage if modified, Driver version and GPU temp both @ idle and load)
-Power supply make,model#, "AND" age (note if using 110V or 220V A/C input)
-HDD/SSD configuration (ie: Raid setup/ back up/ OS drive/etc..)
-Case/Chasis make,model# (fan make, model#, and configuration if having thermal issues)
-Operating System (If using Windows note Framework and service pack version)
-Monitor make, model#, and resolution (If model# is unknown list resolution and refresh rate)

*If the unit is a "laptop" or "All-in-one" system you must note the make and model# of the unit. Be sure you are ALWAYS using the OEM/manufacturer's Driver updates for the unit.

*If "Crashing":
-Note the nature of the "crash" in detail, as there are several definitions for the word "crash".

*If "performance" related issue:
-Note the "exact" point in which the performance reduction occurred (ie: After Windows update, After Bios update, After Driver update, After thermal system shutdown, After Hardware change/upgrade etc...)

*For diagnostic purposes please disable the following:
-Any/all Antivirus/ Anti-malware software
-Any/all OSD monitoring software
-ALL overclocks outside of factory spec

I5 3.4ghz
8gddr4
Temporary 320gigabyte hard drive
500w power supply
Intel desk motherboard
Windows 10 os
All parts are lightly used except graphics card
Gtx 970 graphics card used for three days in another build for testing before being given to me
All crash occurs as soon as I get to home screen

check with a spare GPU, as u said the gtx 970 has already been tested on a different machine, i guess the GPU slot is faulty; check with any graphics card and see if this error happens; if everything stays the same, check the psu.

Captensomething

Prominent
Aug 1, 2019
check with a spare GPU, as u said the gtx 970 has already been tested on a different machine, i guess the GPU slot is faulty; check with any graphics card and see if this error happens; if everything stays the same, check the psu.
The pc was originally used in a machine shop and the cooling liquid for the machines gets all over the place it was govien to me because they tried to upgrade graphics cards and it kept bugging out I’m trying to clean it out to see if it works because the computer works just fine without the graphics card in it

Captensomething

Prominent
Aug 1, 2019
It was
The pc was originally used in a machine shop and the cooling liquid for the machines gets all over the place it was govien to me because they tried to upgrade graphics cards and it kept bugging out I’m trying to clean it out to see if it works because the computer works just fine without the graphics card in it
[/QUOTE
It was built for graphic design and 3D rendering