[SOLVED] NEED HELP ASAP

matthewperacio

Reputable
Dec 21, 2018
So yesterday My pc kinda fell ( hit the wall but didn’t fall on the floor ) and now it isn’t working anymore. It says reboot and select proper boot. I have an 1Tb hdd and a 240gb ssd. I’ve tried everything and I think I’ve discovered that my ssd isn’t working ( it’s not being discovered on the bios ). Now I don’t know wtf to do and I’m panicking because I’m doing my university applications

Solution
As you have data you don’t want to loose I would stop trying to fix this until you have your data backed up. An option it buy another SSD, take the existing one out and install Windows on the new one. Then connect the old drive (I’d recommend using a USB caddy) and rescue your data. Otherwise find another pc, friends, family or local pc store and backup the data you don’t want to loose.
So yesterday My pc kinda fell ( hit the wall but didn’t fall on the floor ) and now it isn’t working anymore. It says reboot and select proper boot. I have an 1Tb hdd and a 240gb ssd. I’ve tried everything and I think I’ve discovered that my ssd isn’t working ( it’s not being discovered on the bios ). Now I don’t know wtf to do and I’m panicking because I’m doing my university applications
Checked/swapped cables and connections for SSD ? Tried without HDD ?

Wu-Zi-Mu

Honorable
Feb 20, 2016
You can take out the non-working drive(s) and connect it (them) to a different PC, then turn on that PC and see if it recognizes it. (Make sure to turn off and unplug both PC's and ground yourself so you don't fry it.) If it doesn't, the drive is probably damaged.

If that ends up working, then the problem is in your PC (most likely mobo was damaged). I'd still suggest running chkdsk and a SMART Long test on any surviving drives and look into replacing them if you don't keep any backups.

matthewperacio

Reputable
Dec 21, 2018
You can take out the non-working drive(s) and connect it (them) to a different PC, then turn on that PC and see if it recognizes it. (Make sure to turn off and unplug both PC's and ground yourself so you don't fry it.) If it doesn't, the drive is probably damaged.

If that ends up working, then the problem is in your PC (most likely mobo was damaged). I'd still suggest running chkdsk and a SMART Long test on any surviving drives and look into replacing them if you don't keep any backups.
I don’t have another pc

As you have data you don’t want to loose I would stop trying to fix this until you have your data backed up. An option it buy another SSD, take the existing one out and install Windows on the new one. Then connect the old drive (I’d recommend using a USB caddy) and rescue your data. Otherwise find another pc, friends, family or local pc store and backup the data you don’t want to loose.

Solution

Wu-Zi-Mu

Honorable
Feb 20, 2016

I agree. By the look of things you'll have to replace your motherboard and/or disks. Best to have a copy of your data outside the damaged PC before running the broken configuration, in case more stuff breaks down.

natcha12

Honorable
Sep 1, 2015
I don’t have another pc

You can use a usb enclosure with your phone, just need a specific OTG adapter like this, fyi it MUST say it's an OTG! ;

31-4oVWOmTL._AC_SY780_.jpg

Edit, a decent modern phone required I should add. Also needs external power supply...