Need Help - Audio Drivers for Asus A8N-SLI Premium Mobo

fogly

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2006
I just started running Vista Ultimate and I can't find working audio drivers for my Asus A8N-SLI Premium Mobo. Is it possible that Asus just hasn't made them yet? If anyone knows where I can find them, please link. I'd rather not have to go out and buy a 3rd party card. Thanks a bunch,
FOGLY

Solution
I just moved from A8N-SLI Deluxe to an Intel system. I was running Vista Ultimate 64bit on the A8N board and didn't have any problems. I seem to remember that Vista actually found a driver by it self, but not sure. In any event, there are no available Vista drivers for the Realtek audio on the Deluxe version of the board on ASUS website either, so perhaps what I did was to download an XP/2003 64bit Realtek driver and installed that.

Give it a try - as I said, on the Deluxe version (which as I can see uses the same Realtek on-board audio) I had no problems at all on Vista.

samsayit

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2007
I just moved from A8N-SLI Deluxe to an Intel system. I was running Vista Ultimate 64bit on the A8N board and didn't have any problems. I seem to remember that Vista actually found a driver by it self, but not sure. In any event, there are no available Vista drivers for the Realtek audio on the Deluxe version of the board on ASUS website either, so perhaps what I did was to download an XP/2003 64bit Realtek driver and installed that.

Give it a try - as I said, on the Deluxe version (which as I can see uses the same Realtek on-board audio) I had no problems at all on Vista.

Solution