seacat

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2009
I have been having problems with my computer/drivers/videocard. Anytime I try to shut my computer down after it has been on for a while it will blue screen. Power_driver_state_failure. I have done some research and read some forums. It turns out to be a video card driver problem. I have downloaded the newest nVidia drivers (186.18) and when i install them they crash my computer and when it restarts it blue screens and continues in a cycle until i go into safe mode and delete the drivers. The only drivers that i have ever had some luck with are the 182.50. They still manage to blue screen when i turn off my computer of course. but at least i can use my computer. any help on what to do or going in the right direction would be amazing.

RIG:
Crosshair II formula (1502 bios)
OCZ 1066 8gb reaper
PII 940 BE (stock voltage)
Zotac Gtx 295 (182.50)
Xclio 850 module power supply
windows vista ultimate 64-bit.

Im tired of trying everything known to man. I have installed many drivers. Always deleted the drivers in safe mode. Got all the drivers from the manufactures site.

please please please can someone offer some advice. i have spent alot of money on my system. it plays games amazingly well. but it wont shut down.

Lavarin

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
Why is this in the Homebuilt section?

Anyways, could you try downloading and installing Linux or any other free OS on your system? (This might be a good time to try Windows 7 too). Basically, you want to see if your computer shuts down properly under another OS, to eliminate Windows as the cause of your problem.

There could also be something wrong with your Power Supply. Can you borrow one from a friend, install it onto your computer (replace the one you're currently), and see what happens?

seacat

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2009
I didn't really know where to put this. Im new to this site and created an account really fast and just posted as fast as possible. You have no idea how pissed off I am at this build.

seacat

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2009
how do i go about installing vista again? and how do i turn off the auto update because i do hate that feature.