Question NEED HELP Black screen bios

brandowun

Reputable
Jul 2, 2016
So today i decided to move my windows os to my sd, I cloned it using a video (
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7H7D1HcfY9o&list=LL6FPmbvXr1r7a-zGLVi0LKw&index=3&t=0s
)
After it copied and everything i rebooted my pc to make sure my sd had windows, and which it did till i realised my rtx 2070 would not boot up, so then i went back and used my hd to see if it worked, no luck. I then resorted to my bios "watched a different video of switching hd to ssd" and it told me to change my boot prioity to my windows ssd, Which i did and then i reset and hit delete on splash screen, nothing, just black screen, so i used a different monitor same cable still black screen, i read that someone made it working by using a tv, so i looked behind my tv and it only had an hdmi cord, which my motherboard only supports a display port.

I can boot up windows no problem and everything else works i just cant get my grapics card to work and only way to fix it is through the bios which i cannot get to.

So today i decided to move my windows os to my sd, I cloned it using a video (
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7H7D1HcfY9o&list=LL6FPmbvXr1r7a-zGLVi0LKw&index=3&t=0s
)
After it copied and everything i rebooted my pc to make sure my sd had windows, and which it did till i realised my rtx 2070 would not boot up, so then i went back and used my hd to see if it worked, no luck. I then resorted to my bios "watched a different video of switching hd to ssd" and it told me to change my boot prioity to my windows ssd, Which i did and then i reset and hit delete on splash screen, nothing, just black screen, so i used a different monitor same cable still black screen, i read that someone made it working by using a tv, so i looked behind my tv and it only had an hdmi cord, which my motherboard only supports a display port.

I can boot up windows no problem and everything else works i just cant get my grapics card to work and only way to fix it is through the bios which i cannot get to.
Try doing a CMOS reset, this will reset your BIOS settings to default. If your hard drive is taking first priority when resetting the BIOS to default, just unplug it temporarily so that SSD takes priority. To do a CMOS reset, simply unplug your PC from the wall and remove the battery on the motherboard(circular silver battery) for a minute or two. Then put the battery back in and plug in your PC. Your BIOS will be back to default settings, see if you can enter it now.