Question Need help BSOD and Component problem also have some questions.

Aug 31, 2022
Hello before my questions here’s what happened. Around a month ago, my PC started to take around 4-5 mins to start which is longer than the usual 1-3mins. Sometimes the DRAM LED lights up and I have to reseat the RAM to get it to start. I've noticed it happens when I turn the PSU off for more than an hour.
And yesterday, I encountered a new problem. My PC blue-screened 3x last night and earlier. The 1st Blue screen happened around an hour of using, the 2nd happened around 5hrs of playing, and the 3rd happened around 25-30 mins of watching YT. After the 3rd BSOD, I restarted it and it doesn’t boot up. The motherboard DRAM LED lit up again so I thought I just had to reseat the ram to fix it (I have an ASUS mobo btw). So, I reseated the RAM. I unplug and plug, switched the places of the RAM, and tested 1 RAM at a time. Testing 1 RAM at a time worked and it booted up again. I’m not sure if the problem is the RAM or the motherboard RAM slot (right now I’m not using the other RAM because I think it’s faulty). Though, one of my friends suggested that it could be a PSU problem. For me, I’m leaning more on it being a RAM problem. I can’t say for sure though so I have a few questions.

So my questions are:
  • What do you think could be the source of the problem? RAM, Motherboard, or the PSU?
  • Will it boot up if the motherboard RAM slot of the motherboard is the problem?
  • Will the DRAM LED light up if the PSU is the problem?
And my last question depends on the answer to the first 3 questions.
  • Should I buy a new PSU, MOBO, or RAM to test it out? (Optional because PC components are expensive).

Hello before my questions here’s what happened. Around a month ago, my PC started to take around 4-5 mins to start which is longer than the usual 1-3mins. Sometimes the DRAM LED lights up and I have to reseat the RAM to get it to start. I've noticed it happens when I turn the PSU off for more than an hour.
And yesterday, I encountered a new problem. My PC blue-screened 3x last night and earlier. The 1st Blue screen happened around an hour of using, the 2nd happened around 5hrs of playing, and the 3rd happened around 25-30 mins of watching YT. After the 3rd BSOD, I restarted it and it doesn’t boot up. The motherboard DRAM LED lit up again so I thought I just had to reseat the ram to fix it (I have an ASUS mobo btw). So, I reseated the RAM. I unplug and plug, switched the places of the RAM, and tested 1 RAM at a time. Testing 1 RAM at a time worked and it booted up again. I’m not sure if the problem is the RAM or the motherboard RAM slot (right now I’m not using the other RAM because I think it’s faulty). Though, one of my friends suggested that it could be a PSU problem. For me, I’m leaning more on it being a RAM problem. I can’t say for sure though so I have a few questions.

So my questions are:
  • What do you think could be the source of the problem? RAM, Motherboard, or the PSU?
  • Will it boot up if the motherboard RAM slot of the motherboard is the problem?
  • Will the DRAM LED light up if the PSU is the problem?
And my last question depends on the answer to the first 3 questions.
  • Should I buy a new PSU, MOBO, or RAM to test it out? (Optional because PC components are expensive).
Do both stick of ram boot by themselves or does only one ram stick work period?