need help building a high end gaming rig

danteswap

Honorable
Jan 17, 2014
Hi friends I have planned to build a high end gaming rig now it will be mainly for gaming and rendering .. Rendering in unity and city engine .. I have chosen my cpu and gpu that are Intel core i7 4790 k and gtx 970 . Now I need help regarding motherboard, psu , ram , cooler and all other things .. But in medium cost like not too high not too low .. Help me . Also in note I wil not going to upgrade or replace any of the component after the final build for at least 3 years or 4 ,.and i will over clock cpu after a year or two or may be from the first day . .help me in my decisions

Solution
For overclocking your CPU, I would go with MSI's gaming mobos. The PSU wattage depends on the other stuff too, which you can use a wattage calculator for. Usually Corsair and Seasonic PSU's are quite popular. For Ram, you could go with 8 GB or 16 GB, depending on what you are rendering. If it is huge rendering, 16. The cooler could either be stock, or something like the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, or the Zalman CNPS5X Performa. Stuff like the optical drive is fine, as long is it has the specs you want and it has good reviews.

Warrior of Cats

Reputable
Sep 25, 2014
For overclocking your CPU, I would go with MSI's gaming mobos. The PSU wattage depends on the other stuff too, which you can use a wattage calculator for. Usually Corsair and Seasonic PSU's are quite popular. For Ram, you could go with 8 GB or 16 GB, depending on what you are rendering. If it is huge rendering, 16. The cooler could either be stock, or something like the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, or the Zalman CNPS5X Performa. Stuff like the optical drive is fine, as long is it has the specs you want and it has good reviews.

Solution