Need help building a mini itx computer

Codezai

Reputable
Aug 24, 2015
Hi everybody. I want to build a mini itx pc and I need some help. Here are the parts I was thinking of using:

Case: Cooler Master Elite 110 Mini-ITX

GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Aero ITX 8G OC

Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix B250I Gaming

PSU: Corsair CX750M

CPU Cooling: Cooler Master Seidon 120V V2

The parts I haven't mentioned is the ones i need help with. So my first question is which CPU I should get so it doesn't bottleneck the GPU? The next is should I go for 16gb ddr3 ram or 8gb ddr4 ram (that I might upgrade sometime in the future)? And will this pc be very loud? My budget is around 950$ so thanks in advance for the help! Also I already own the psu and the cpu cooler so I would like to reuse them.

Codezai

Reputable
Aug 24, 2015

Ok didn't know that thanks. I updated the thread now so it shows that its the corsair cx750m. Not the cx750m plus but the standard.

Codezai

Reputable
Aug 24, 2015

The psu has grey text on it and not green. Also now I have updated the thread again so now it says that i already own the psu and the cpu cooler. Sorry for the inconvenience

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
should be quiet, only three parts with fans, Cooler, GPU and PSU.
if the coolers fan becomes too loud you can easily replace the fan with something quieter.
the fans should only really crank up during gaming hopefully you will be too busy to notice.
if you can afford the funds I would get the most RAM you can now, both boards only have 2 ram slots so an upgrade will mean replacement.
I have been running 8GB RAM for 7 years. 8 GB is getting on the low side nowadays but should suffice for the time being

the AMD system will be cooler temp wise at stock, 65W chip, solder under heat spreader
the intel will be hotter, higher wattage CPU (91W) and thermal paste in the CPU instead of solder

Codezai

Reputable
Aug 24, 2015

Yeah im going to get 8 gigs more of ram sooner or later but thanks so much for the help