Need help building a new PC (Malaysia)

joshuachanhz

Reputable
Nov 30, 2015
Hey guys,

Im from Malaysia, and am looking at building a new pc (for gaming) to be able to play certain games (eg: Witcher 3) on High to Ultra settings (preferably). I have a budget of USD1k-1.5k. Was wondering if someone could help put a PC together for me on pcpartpicker.com so that I may compare the prices to the ones in Malaysia. Do let me know if you require any other information (do keep in mind, that I dont know anything about computers).

Warm regards,
Josh

So I'm going to list parts, but I'm not sure what availability you might have where your buying.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4430 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor ($184.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock H97 PRO4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($89.66 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($39.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($77.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($51.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 390 8GB SOC Video Card ($293.98 @ Newegg)
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($54.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $843.58
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-12-08 00:59 EST-0500

* CPU - This is a Haswell CPU (the i5 4460 is the newest Haswell (Haswell-R) version, so I'd pick it if you have it available).
* Mobo - Is a good option. Look for H97 based Mobo's for good options for this build.
* RAM - 2 x 4 gb's is the minimum that I'd build around. I look for 1600 mHz, CAS 9, & 1.5v specified RAM for most builds. I also look for RAM that has low heat spreaders, but we can discuss that further later.
* SSD/HD - I would look for at least the 850 EVO SSD (250 gb size) and maybe a Data drive (HD, like a 1 TB sized one) for backups and bigger files.
* GPU - I would look for R9 390, if available or GTX 970 as a minimum for a decent 1080p/1440p GPU. If your monitor is going to be lower resolution then we can adjust as needed, but either of those GPU's will give you GREAT 1080p gaming FPS.
* Case - I like the Corsair 200R, because it has plenty of space, 3 included 120mm fans, and is a good all around value. If you have other options, please list the ones that your interested in. Keep in mind that you might to have at least 1 x USB 3.0 front port on them to allow you faster transfer speeds over a USB 2.0 port.
* PSU- I selected a 80 PLUS Gold Certified PSU for you, but I'm sure your options are going to be different. With this Certification you will have a nice and efficient PSU for your system. My minimum PSU rating is 80 PLUS Bronze for any of my builds. You don't want to skimp out on the PSU, it powers every part in your system. This build would require at least a quality PSU from Corsair, Seasonic, XFX, or Antec and at least 550w would be a good starting point.

I don't know if you would want/need a DVD drive or not, but you have plenty of budget for it and anything else that you might need (Keyboard, Mouse, Monitor, etc.).