[SOLVED] Need help building gaming pc

Daniel Gough

Honorable
May 8, 2015
Hi I've build 4 PCS in my lifetime so I mostly know what I'm doing .But last week I started building a gaming pc for a mate and I can't work out where one of the cables goes any help would be appreciated the cable comes from the front of the case where the power botton/USB ports are. Here's a picture of the cable. The pc turns on fine and I've tested everything and everything seems to be working okay so I'm a bit confused.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1l7AboqBFSIDGlV8P9DXTsl1g-by6E3v7

Solution
RGB fan header is what that image returns as. The online images show it has RGB lighting in the front cover and case. This is likely the header to control that with appropriate hardware/controller.

Yes, that CIT-Seven is very lacking in directions. My apologies for coming off rude.
Hi I've build 4 PCS in my lifetime so I mostly know what I'm doing .But last week I started building a gaming pc for a mate and I can't work out where one of the cables goes any help would be appreciated the cable comes from the front of the case where the power botton/USB ports are. Here's a picture of the cable. The pc turns on fine and I've tested everything and everything seems to be working okay so I'm a bit confused.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1l7AboqBFSIDGlV8P9DXTsl1g-by6E3v7
It is probably a fan pin by the looks of it, try plugging the 2 into the fan header and see if it works, it could potentially be a pin which isn't supported as mentioned, or try the USB/power pin headers on the mobo

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
Once again I would ask, and I am not trying to be a jerk...have your reached inside the box this case came out of, that you built, and flipped open the instructions? I mean, it should be within feet of you, in theory and completely resolve the issue, hopefully.

Daniel Gough

Honorable
May 8, 2015
Once again I would ask, and I am not trying to be a jerk...have your reached inside the box this case came out of, that you built, and flipped open the instructions? I mean, it should be within feet of you, in theory and completely resolve the issue, hopefully.
The case comes with no instructions and there's no instructions online eaither probably as its a budget case

Reactions: punkncat

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
RGB fan header is what that image returns as. The online images show it has RGB lighting in the front cover and case. This is likely the header to control that with appropriate hardware/controller.

Yes, that CIT-Seven is very lacking in directions. My apologies for coming off rude.

Solution

Daniel Gough

Honorable
May 8, 2015

No worries I was very surprised with the lack of instructions too. Still seems werid the mic and headphones port on the front of the case aswell as the back of the motherboard ain't working starting to wonder if its a driver issue

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
No worries I was very surprised with the lack of instructions too. Still seems werid the mic and headphones port on the front of the case aswell as the back of the motherboard ain't working starting to wonder if its a driver issue

As you are aware the sound header is a completely different shape and format. This plug wouldn't have anything to do with that. You might check to see that you have that header landed correctly in that when you DO connect a headphone it "kills" the sound elsewhere.

Daniel Gough

Honorable
May 8, 2015
As you are aware the sound header is a completely different shape and format. This plug wouldn't have anything to do with that. You might check to see that you have that header landed correctly in that when you DO connect a headphone it "kills" the sound elsewhere.
Cheers for your help i updated a driver and it fixed the problem🙂