[SOLVED] need help buying a gaming computer! :) (especially motherboard)

Dec 10, 2019
Hi! first of all thanks for reading and taking the time to help! :)

so i want to buy a new gaming computer, and there's this french enterprise that builds custom computers and sells them, and I saw 2 computers with almost the same components but a price difference, links following (it's in french, i couldn't get the website in english,.. but the components names are the same so hopefully it won't be too much of a hassle for you guys ^^'):

https://www.materiel.net/produit/201911050041.html

https://www.materiel.net/produit/201910230036.html

So there are only few differences i could notice:

• the cooling system, but i assume both are OK for the computer since they wouldn't sell a computer that overheats! ^^
  • slightly different versions of the RTX 2070S, after doing some researches it seems like the version in the cheaper computer is better.. lol
  • both have 16G DDR4 RAM, but one is 3000Hz and the other 3200Hz, does that make any difference in games?
  • different motherboards.. so here is what scares me since i don't know anything about motherboards, tried to do some researches but i'm not so familiar with computer science so.. are both motherboards able to fully exploit the potential of the GPU/CPU/RAM?
i'd be very disapointed to buy a high end gaming computer only to see i'm not using the full potential of my components because of the motherboard..

Thank you for any help, will be much appreicated! :)
Also i'm sorry about my poor english!

Last edited:
Solution
alright, the main points with the more expensive one is that it comes with a 2tb hard drive rather then 1tb, a water cooler and 3200mhz ram. The 3200mhz ram will give you 1-3fps more then the 3000 in some situations.

Both boards are fine, but if you plan to overclock, the more expensive one with the msi board and water cooling will serve you better, if you don't plan to overclock, either will do.
alright, the main points with the more expensive one is that it comes with a 2tb hard drive rather then 1tb, a water cooler and 3200mhz ram. The 3200mhz ram will give you 1-3fps more then the 3000 in some situations.

Both boards are fine, but if you plan to overclock, the more expensive one with the msi board and water cooling will serve you better, if you don't plan to overclock, either will do.

Solution
PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/yfwRK4

CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor ($339.99 @ Best Buy)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($34.89 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PLUS ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($147.38 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill Aegis 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Kingston A2000 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($59.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($64.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB VENTUS OC Video Card ($509.99 @ B&H)
Case: be quiet! Silent Base 601 ATX Mid Tower Case ($136.21 @ Amazon)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit ($142.99 @ B&H)
Total: $1496.42 (USD)

That is 1,019.36 Euro. I think paying 600 bux more for this PC is just plain stealing from you.
You can't just slap together a list that's based in the us for a fellow in france, in the top right corner there is an option to change the region, if you change it to france and make a list that way(include a psu this time), the prebuilt is only slightly more expensive. example

You can't just slap together a list that's based in the us for a fellow in france, in the top right corner there is an option to change the region, if you change it to france and make a list that way(include a psu this time), the prebuilt is only slightly more expensive. example

Yeah my bad. I didn't know it was that different. That's crazy and I knew I forgot something in that build. Sorry I have been awake for 30 hours. :)

Reactions: maxamillionfeettall
Dec 10, 2019

alright! thank you! yeah 1TO is already more than enough (that's what i currently have and I only use 500GB) and I don't plan on overclocking so i guess the 1-3 added fps aren't worth the price difference ^^'
thanks a lot for your help! I will buy the cheaper one without being worried about the motherboard! :p
thanks again! :)

Dec 10, 2019
Yeah my bad. I didn't know it was that different. That's crazy and I knew I forgot something in that build. Sorry I have been awake for 30 hours. :)
thanks for trying though, that's appreciated :) yeah it seems like those kind of things are way more expensive in france/belgium /: