Need help can't use laptop need orginal product key

Tommy_74

Prominent
Apr 3, 2017
My hard drive when out I put a new one in but I need my product key to reinstall windows vista it has rubbed off the sticker is there anyway I give my serial number and get the orginal

Solution
Is the old hard drive not working at all? If it does still work, reinstall it and retrieve your license key using ProduKey. Write it down.

If you do not have access to the old drive, look in your BIOS settings and see if the key is in there somewhere.

If you still cannot find the key in BIOS, during the Windows Vista installation process, leave the key field blank and click next. Once the OS is installed, it may automatically activate by identifying itself with its hardware when the PC goes online.

jr9

Estimable
Is the old hard drive not working at all? If it does still work, reinstall it and retrieve your license key using ProduKey. Write it down.

If you do not have access to the old drive, look in your BIOS settings and see if the key is in there somewhere.

If you still cannot find the key in BIOS, during the Windows Vista installation process, leave the key field blank and click next. Once the OS is installed, it may automatically activate by identifying itself with its hardware when the PC goes online.

Solution