hi, my friend has 3 pc for sale

1070+9400F gigabyte B360M-DS3H $1500

1080ti i7 8700K PRIME H310M-E $1900

RTX 2070 i7 7700K $1650

all about 650 psu and 16gb ram

Usage mainly for competitive gaming
he recommended me the 1070 build says it is ennough for 144hz gaming on 1440p
I wont upgrade it for many years.

I am on a low budget but if spending 400$ more will mean it will last longer I dont mind

Solution
You'll save money if the builds are actually good. If certain corners are cut, they can screw you over later, forcing you to spend more later... so much for saving money then.
Since you've updated the builds...

#1: Still the worst of the 3, IMO.
-As I already mentioned earlier, a 9400F is already thread limited in some more recent titles. I don't expect that to improve later on.
-Just ONE storage device, and a small one at that. Just enough for the OS, and not much more.
-This combo's already starting you off on running games at low-med settings in order to reach 144fps at 1440p. It'll just go down from there with newer launches.
-Future cpu upgrades on that mobo are already at a dead end; VRMs have no heatsinks... I wouldn't put an i7...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Too much info is omitted - cpu and gpu alone isn't enough info to go on.
How much storage in each? HDD? SSD?
What are the cpus being cooled with?
16GB ram? Single channel? Dual channel?
What are the cases these builds are packed into?
What's the make and model of the power supply running these builds?

Without AT LEAST that much, I would suggest NONE OF THEM.

If I were to look at each one just with what info you've provided:
1)All 3 appear to be price gouged quite a bit. Did you convert to USD from a different currency?
You probably could build one yourself for cheaper, and it would at least match, or likely beat them all. Plus, parts you ordered would be covered under warranty.

2)You've stated a priority for longevity, " I wont upgrade it for many years."
-The 1st build is the worst of the 3. The pure hexa core cpu is already thread limited in some modern titles.
-The 2nd one is crippled by the awful budget motherboard... can't even overclock the 8700K later on if you wanted to. I'm also left wondering if the 8700K power throttles that mobo on stock settings...
-The 3rd one is just 'OK'.

rhazta

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2008
I converted price from aud to usd

build 1 $869
case icue 465X rgb mid tower
galaxy hall of fame 1070+9400F
gigabyte B360M-DS3H
toshiba q series pro 256gb
HyperX fury 2666 C16 2x8GB
650W PSU

build 2 $1,100
case www.imgur.com/MpmtbjM
1080ti i7 8700K
PRIME H310M
x2 8gb ram
WDC 120gb green ssd
WD WD10EZEX 1TB blue 7200 hdd
realtek pcie gbe family controller
650W PSU

build 3 $956
ASUS dual fan RTX 2070 i7 7700K
case www.imgur.com/QKWMVhV
dual channel 2x8 ram
129gb ssd + 2tb 7200 HDD
Wifi card
Custom fan cooling
Thermaltake LITEPOWER 650W
preinstalled windows 10

rhazta

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2008
I know buying used has its risk but if the money saved is worth it I dont mind

I need it to be able to reach atleast 144 fps on 1440p in new pvp titles

probably wont upgrade for many years

Zoel.fahmi

Upstanding
Dec 27, 2019
hi, my friend has 3 pc for sale

1070+9400F gigabyte B360M-DS3H $1500

1080ti i7 8700K PRIME H310M-E $1900

RTX 2070 i7 7700K $1650

all about 650 psu and 16gb ram

Usage mainly for competitive gaming
he recommended me the 1070 build says it is ennough for 144hz gaming on 1440p
I wont upgrade it for many years.

I am on a low budget but if spending 400$ more will mean it will last longer I dont mind
go for 1080 Ti
then replace with amd cpu and motherboard
or ask for 1080 ti only

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
You'll save money if the builds are actually good. If certain corners are cut, they can screw you over later, forcing you to spend more later... so much for saving money then.
Since you've updated the builds...

#1: Still the worst of the 3, IMO.
-As I already mentioned earlier, a 9400F is already thread limited in some more recent titles. I don't expect that to improve later on.
-Just ONE storage device, and a small one at that. Just enough for the OS, and not much more.
-This combo's already starting you off on running games at low-med settings in order to reach 144fps at 1440p. It'll just go down from there with newer launches.
-Future cpu upgrades on that mobo are already at a dead end; VRMs have no heatsinks... I wouldn't put an i7 or i9 in there.
-'650w psu' doesn't really mean much. The make and model matter - quality > quantity with what is the most important part of the PC.

#2: The strongest of the 3 - not necessarily the best overall though.
-Cheap mobo with no VRM heatsinks and low power phases - same deal as build #1... not something I'd recommend putting an i7 or i9 in. Can't even overclock to try and squeeze a little more performance out of that cpu later on...
-120GB SSD is too small, even for an OS only drive. Plus, it's one of those Dram-less SSDs that end up performing worse than a standard HDD as they fill up.
-144fps at 1440p doable at medium - maybe high - may require some setting tweaks here and there... Also depends on whether that motherboard can actually keep up with that i7 and not power throttle...
-'650w psu'. Quality unknown.

#3: Performance-wise, it's the middleman. Judging by the prebuilt brand case, this was originally a prebuilt, but was later upgraded... in the gpu area only, from the looks of it.
-How's cool air supposed to get in that case?
-120GB SSD too small for OS only drive. Unknown if the device has it's own Dram or not.
-What is 'custom fan cooling'? That referring to an aftermarket cpu cooler?
-Psu make and model is included this time, and it's a piece of trash.
*QUOTE: "The Thermaltake Litepower is LITERALLY the only Thermaltake power supply that's actually WORSE than the Smart series, and the Smart series isn't even good. *END QUOTE

I can't... you'll have to go with someone else's recommendation. I see problems with all of them that screw you one way or another; you won't save money, but will end up spending more later due to the shortcomings from each of them.
I can't recommend any of them - I just can't...

Solution