[SOLVED] Need help choosing a budget monitor

swanepoellukas5

Commendable
Jan 4, 2018
Hi, I've wanted a high refresh rate monitor for quite a long time now and I'll be able afford one shortly. That said, I'm still on a tight budget. I won't give prices as that can be very confusing to people from different countries, so I'll work with relative percentages instead, with the LG GL600F costing 100%, Samsung C24RG50 costing 105%, Dell S2419HGF costing 110% and the AOC 24G2 costing 126%. What in your opinion would be the best buy? Any help is appreciated.

Solution
Forget best buy. Buy the best. Bust your budget if you need to.
A monitor is a long term investment.
If you can see the candidate monitors in person, do so.
Otherwise, look for reviews.
Look for a unit with 178/178 viewing angle.
That keeps the edges from washing out. IPS panels will give a better image and I would go for that.
That keeps the edges from washing out. IPS panels will give a better image and I would go for that.

Solution
Totally agree that a good quality monitor makes a big difference. Like good speakers on a stereo or good tires on a car, it really matters.
Personally, I prefer the deep darks of a VA panel, but IPS is good too.

swanepoellukas5

Commendable
Jan 4, 2018
So TN panels are off the table then. From what I've heard the AOC's panel is practically perfect, with TN-like response times, good colour accuracy(when calibrated), and good contrast (for a an IPS), BUT would you say it's worth the extra cost over the Samsung? Especially considering I'll only be using it for games, programming and Netflix. I've heard the Samsung's response time is nothing special for a VA, but how noticable is ghosting REALLY at 144hz, especially compared to a cheap IPS(Dell s2416h).