Need help choosing a case!

Javon Clary

Reputable
Oct 6, 2014
I haven't bought or build anything yet but, for my first build I would like to make a SFF build. I'm really enjoying the look of the bitfenix prodigy and the evga hadron air. I know I will be using a i5 4690k .if there are any other cases similar to those let me know of you'd recommend them. Upon your choice. I would like you to include a mono and CPU cooler if that isn't to much to ask.

Solution
Well, it depends on how important the size is ... if you really want it to be small, the EVGA Hardon is better; the Bitfenix one is closer to a Micro ATX case than Mini ITX - in fact, I think they make one that is MicroATX with exactly the same specs.

The EVGA one has a few cons that would just kill my enthusiasm ... costs $90 more, but has a power supply included ... which apparently is super loud because it uses a tiny 40mm fan, and gets in the way so that there's no CPU backplate access, and has difficult cable management.

Basically, I'd get the Bitfenix one out of those two, or keep looking if you want a super small form factor case. If you do, just remember that Mini ITX often requires special parts, as normal sized graphics...
Well, it depends on how important the size is ... if you really want it to be small, the EVGA Hardon is better; the Bitfenix one is closer to a Micro ATX case than Mini ITX - in fact, I think they make one that is MicroATX with exactly the same specs.

The EVGA one has a few cons that would just kill my enthusiasm ... costs $90 more, but has a power supply included ... which apparently is super loud because it uses a tiny 40mm fan, and gets in the way so that there's no CPU backplate access, and has difficult cable management.

Basically, I'd get the Bitfenix one out of those two, or keep looking if you want a super small form factor case. If you do, just remember that Mini ITX often requires special parts, as normal sized graphics cards and power supplies don't always fit. Both of these cases seem to do well with that, but be aware.

Solution