Need Help Choosing a GPU for New Setup

eamojoe

Honorable
Nov 26, 2012
APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: Eh... Whenever I get the money I guess. At the latest would be early March.

USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Gaming [Games I own/plan on getting: Batman: Arkham City, Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, Skyrim, Battlefield 3, Arma 2 (specifically DayZ), Starcarft 2, Minecraft, and Saints Row: The Third.], Watching Videos, Browsing the Web, Video Editing

CURRENT GPU AND POWER SUPPLY: Um... It's a new build, so I guess I'll list the other parts. I already own all of these.

Intel Core i5 3570k (processor)
Corsair Vengeance C70 (case)
Corsair Enthusiast Series 750 Watt Power Supply (<---)
ASRock Extreme4 Z77 (motherboard)
Corsair Vengeance 8GB (RAM)
ASUS 24xDVD-RW Drive (Optical Drive)
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo with a Cooler Master Turbine Mach 1.8 Fan for a push-pull configuration (CPU cooler)
Western Digital Blue 1TB (hard drive)
Viewsonic 1920x1080 Monitor (<---)
Then 3 fans around the case for maximum airflow.

OTHER RELEVANT SYSTEM SPECS: Look above.

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: Newegg or Amazon, and I live in the US.

PARTS PREFERENCES: I'm fine with either a GTX or a Radeon.

OVERCLOCKING: Yes | SLI OR CROSSFIRE: Maybe? Highly doubt it though.

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1920x1080

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: My Max, MAX budget is $400. I'd prefer to keep it around $300-$350, but if you guys deem it necessary, I might be able to work on getting $400.

Thanks in advance for the input, and please give a speedy response. I missed out on the 3 game deal from AMD, so now I need a bit of advice for what to get. :??:

I would have a very hard time playing a Batman game without Physx so I will go with the gtx670. Most do not overclock there GPU. I would go with something dependable EVGA. They have the best warranties and customer support in the graphic card side of things. Here is a list of the 670 cards and what there price is the page will change as prices change :) so you can bookmark it and watch them change and pick up a good deal as they come along.
http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/video-card/#c=101&sort=a5

eamojoe

Honorable
Nov 26, 2012
Well, I didn't really list the games in order of importance. My three games I want to play most are probably Battlefield 3, Chivalry, and Skyrim. I want the best possible graphics card around $350. Anymore suggestions?

eamojoe

Honorable
Nov 26, 2012
Hm... I think I might go for a 7950/7970. I plan on getting Far Cry 3, also. Any hopes on getting that to run at 1920x1080 on ultra detail with turning down a few things like AA and stuff at 60fps? Because that would be quite nice.

determinologyz

Honorable
Sep 21, 2012

660ti been gimped..If you honestly waiting till march why not get the next gen of cards..I believe ati will drop cards soon and nv around march april..I think it would be waiting

They AMD and NVIDIA are expected to release there cards in Q2 of this year so its possible they would release side by side or around the same time so if you are waiting till March it may be a good idea to wait then before choosing which card to get now.

determinologyz

Honorable
Sep 21, 2012

Exactly..People say why wait..Well its better to weigh the options to and i said this before but buyers remorse is a pain in the ass..Its like me buying a 670 knowing a 770 is going to be improved for maybe around the same price or more i just couldnt go even tho we a few months away yea but at the end it will be worth it