Question Need help choosing a monitor badly

Manixo

Prominent
Apr 2, 2019
Hi,

I'm kind of bad with choosing a monitor, as I ordered 3 already and they all had terrible backlight bleeding or ghosting.

Because I'm getting a new GPU and my current monitors don't have displayport I'm in need of a 27" 1440p monitor with at least 144hz refresh rate and "1ms" response time. Panel type isn't relevant to me... I'm just getting desperate for a proper monitor that doesn't have horrible bleeding and all.

Any suggestion is appreciated.

larsv8

Distinguished
Back light bleed is kind of an issue with alot of IPS monitors, with the exception of OLED.

If it really bothers you, Id suggest a VA panel rather than an IPS, as they tend to fair slightly better, although there is still no guarantee you won't get it, as it will come down to the "panel lottery".

I know you are probably looking for a recomendation for a specific monitor with zero bleed, but I am not sure it exists.

Manixo

Prominent
Apr 2, 2019
Back light bleed is kind of an issue with alot of IPS monitors, with the exception of OLED.

If it really bothers you, Id suggest a VA panel rather than an IPS, as they tend to fair slightly better, although there is still no guarantee you won't get it, as it will come down to the "panel lottery".

I know you are probably looking for a recomendation for a specific monitor with zero bleed, but I am not sure it exists.

I don't mean zero bleed. But the monitors I ordered before had massive backlight bleed, from literal bright lines on the monitor to heavy bleeding in the corner.