Need help choosing a Motherboard+CPU+RAM Bundle.

michalodzien

Honorable
Mar 20, 2013
My PC right now.

Win7/64 bit
PBLG00
Amd Phantom x4 9650
x2 DDR2 2gb ram
R7850 XFX core edition 2gb ddr5
Corsair CX500M

I want a Intel cpu and at least 8 ddr3 ram. Heres what im thinking to buy, https://www.komplett.dk/opgraderingspakke-intel-core-i5-4670k/783615

However i dont know if there will be any problem between my Radeon and an intel cpu.

If you have any other suggestions about what i should buy, please provide a link and tell me why i should buy it, and keep in mind that i can only use up to 550,78 USD or 3000 danish kr and if its going to be on a non danish website make sure that shipping will not have a ridiculous cost for me.

Any help will be appreciated, and if you need any more info just tell me about what.

feelingtheblanks

Honorable
Jan 3, 2014
There shouldn't be any issue between your gpu and Intel cpu.

Looks like a decent bundle. The only downside of the Gigabyte z87x-sli motherboard is having just 1 cpu fan header instead of 2 like many other z87 boards. You still can put a 2nd fan to your cpu heatsink and connect to a system fan header but then you'll need to control that fan manually and will have 1 less system fan. Also it doesn't have the extra sata and usb controllers like most of the other mid range boards. But it isn't that important at all if you aren't planning to use more than 6 disks and dozens of usb devices. It's also enough for mild overclocking around 4.2-4.4 Ghz.

You also will need an aftermarket cpu cooler though. Haswells run a bit hotter and you'll need a decent air cooler at least to do some overclocking. EVen without overclocking Intel's stock fans are bad at keep anything cool. I suggest getting a Cooler Master Hyper 212EVO. Very good performance for the price.

feelingtheblanks

Honorable
Jan 3, 2014
Didn't notice your PSU sorry.

Well, you don't necesserily need a "titan" power supply for mild overclocking. But with 7850 you are pretty much close to the limits and Corsair CX isn't the most efficient psu on the market, so when you decide to do some overclock (you'll right?, otherwise getting K version cpu is pretty much waste of money) and say upgrade your gpu in the future you might need to change it as well (depends what you buy though). But your psu is ok for now.

But even if you don't plan to overclock for a while, getting an aftermarket cooler would make you carefree about overheating. Haswells run hot and Intel stock cooler doesn't really help. You can check the forums for overheating problems with the stock cooler.