Need help choosing a motherboard for gaming build

Drakomoon

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2013
I need help building my 2nd gaming computer. I don't know which motherboard and ram to get, I planning on getting the i7 7700k but there so many boards to choose from.I'm going from from Amd to Intel build.

I have already have the graphics card, 700w psu and case. And be going to get WD hhds since I never had problems before.

Solution
I was in the same boat as you a few days ago and after a lot of research I decided to go for Asus Prime Z270-A. Why ? Cause it has no flashy lights, which not only makes it cheaper but also in similar league (hardware wise) as much more expensive Strix lineup.

What I would strongly suggest is to under volt your CPU if you plan to run it on stock clocks which will make it run a lot cooler.

Currently I have a i7 7700k UV to a full .150 (1.15 core) running cool and stable which speaks a lot about the reliability of the board.

koolman007

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2007
I was in the same boat as you a few days ago and after a lot of research I decided to go for Asus Prime Z270-A. Why ? Cause it has no flashy lights, which not only makes it cheaper but also in similar league (hardware wise) as much more expensive Strix lineup.

What I would strongly suggest is to under volt your CPU if you plan to run it on stock clocks which will make it run a lot cooler.

Currently I have a i7 7700k UV to a full .150 (1.15 core) running cool and stable which speaks a lot about the reliability of the board.

Solution

Drakomoon

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2013

Thanks, it will even fit my monstrous AMD sapphire radeon nitro r9 8gb graphics card without blocking sata ports since it blocks a sata port on my current board. Too bad they only give you 6 sata ports.