Question Need Help Choosing a Music Streaming Service

MasterYoda327

Reputable
May 26, 2019
I am setting up a new personal Google account. However, I have decided that I want to reduce my reliance on Google for certain areas of my digital life. In the past, I have used Google's Play Music Service to both purchase digital songs, upload my music library, create playlists, and access my songs from my Android smartphones and tablets. Uploading my songs and creating playlists were time consuming processes when I either switched between Apple and Google for mobile and music services or if I needed to create a new account on either of their platforms. I have decided to not use YouTube Music to upload my music collection or create playlists. Instead, I would like to find an alternative reliable and trustworthy music service that I can continue using regardless of whether I switch mobile services (e.g. Android to Apple or vice versa) or computer operating systems (e.g. Windows to Mac or vice versa). What I am looking for is a music service that allows me to discover new music and artists in their library, allows me to upload my music collection into their system and listen to them whenever I wish (especially if their services do not have the songs or albums that are in my collection), allows me to download and store the songs, albums, and playlists to my smartphone, tablet, laptop, and desktop, and works with Windows 10/11, Mac OS/iOS, and Android operating systems and devices, and, if applicable, Amazon software and devices such as Alexa and Echo.

I have heard of music streaming services such as Pandora and Spotify. My current understanding is that I can upload my music and create playlists with Spotify (in certain formats such as MP3) but I cannot upload my music to Pandora. However, I am not very familiar with the music streaming service sector and would appreciate your suggestions. I am willing to pay a monthly fee for the music services. Since I have a music converter program and most of my music is in FLAC, I can create converted copies of my songs that are compatible with the service and/or its music upload program if necessary. Again, I am not very familiar with the music streaming industry and would appreciate your recommendations.

Thanks in advance.

TRENDING THREADS