[SOLVED] Need Help Choosing AIO

legendkiller2

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2015
Hello guys, I am planning my first ever PC build and would like to get your opinion on which cooler to get for the Ryzen 9 7900x CPU.

My case is a MSI MPG Velox 100p airflow

The available options in my country(not from the US or EU):

• Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360L V2 ARGB, 360mm = $114
  • COUGAR POSEIDON GT 360 ARGB - $128
  • Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360 Illusion ARGB - $129
  • Thermaltake TH360 ARGB Edition - $130
  • MSI MAG C360 CORE – AIO ARGB Liquid Cooler - $133. MY CURRENT PICK.
  • COOLERMASTER Liquid ML360 Vivid A-RGB LCD DISPLAY - $157
  • NZXT Kraken X72 360mm – RL-KRX72-01 - $206
  • NZXT Kraken Z73 NZXT RGB 360 COOLER WITH LCD DISPLAY(White colour available only.) - $300

The NZXT ones are out of my budget(for now). What would you recommend?

And one more question, my friend might visit from the US in about a month so if I managed to get him to buy me one from the US what do you recommend too?

Thanks in advance!

Solution
The Coreliquid C360 is a very strong contender when it comes to performance but when it comes to noise, it's a real turd. Very loud, and that is WHY is has such strong performance, much like other models we've seen before like some of the EVGA coolers that beat just about everybody through brute force alone. But there is a very large noise penalty to pay for that and I assure you, it will drive you bonkers.

If you can get your friend to bring you one, the Corsair H150i Elite Capellix or Elite Capellix XT are good choices. Better performance than the Coreliquid C360, just barely, but much better noise levels.

As far as what you have listed there, ANY of the three Cooler Master coolers are decent choices. They have pretty good noise...
The Coreliquid C360 is a very strong contender when it comes to performance but when it comes to noise, it's a real turd. Very loud, and that is WHY is has such strong performance, much like other models we've seen before like some of the EVGA coolers that beat just about everybody through brute force alone. But there is a very large noise penalty to pay for that and I assure you, it will drive you bonkers.

If you can get your friend to bring you one, the Corsair H150i Elite Capellix or Elite Capellix XT are good choices. Better performance than the Coreliquid C360, just barely, but much better noise levels.

As far as what you have listed there, ANY of the three Cooler Master coolers are decent choices. They have pretty good noise levels and they are all very decent performers. The NZXT products I'd stay away from anyhow as ALL NZXT products require you to use their CAM software and the CAM software is both notoriously buggy and very well known for it's privacy invading phone home features that are almost non-stop and take up unrealistic system resources.

The Thermaltake products are meh.

If you have access to any of the Arctic coolers, those are generally MUCH less expensive than any of these others, regardless of what country you are in, and are almost always in the top of the pack for their category in terms of performance and noise levels. You don't get bling with them, but you get solid performance and very acceptable noise levels as well as fairly decent hardware. Those are the Arctic Liquidfreezer II models.

Reactions: legendkiller2
Solution

legendkiller2

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2015

As far as what you have listed there, ANY of the three Cooler Master coolers are decent choices. They have pretty good noise levels and they are all very decent performers. The NZXT products I'd stay away from anyhow as ALL NZXT products require you to use their CAM software and the CAM software is both notoriously buggy and very well known for it's privacy invading phone home features that are almost non-stop and take up unrealistic system resources.

The Thermaltake products are meh.

If you have access to any of the Arctic coolers, those are generally MUCH less expensive than any of these others, regardless of what country you are in, and are almost always in the top of the pack for their category in terms of performance and noise levels. You don't get bling with them, but you get solid performance and very acceptable noise levels as well as fairly decent hardware. Those are the Arctic Liquidfreezer II models.
Thanks for your detailed reply!
I was thinking about getting the cheapest Cooler Master option(ML360l) for $114 but specs state it having 62 CFM vs 78 for the C360. Would this be a big difference?

I was thinking about either a Deepcool LS720 or Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 in case my friend can get me one with him. The Deepcool was reviewed as the best cooler tested by Tom's Hardware, though they reviewed the LT720 version but I assume the LS720 is the same in terms of performance.

Arctic isn't available in my country unfortunately.

If your friend can get you an Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360, that is probably the best and least expensive of all these options. Next to that, the Corsair Elite Capellix series would be my next choice and while it's not cheaper it's definitely one of the best performing and higher quality AIO series out there. The Cooler master Masterair products, most of them, have pretty good performance BUT I have seen somewhat higher numbers than normal around here of those coolers developing growth in the loop that clogs up the pumps or air bubbles from permeation after a couple of years. Many AIO coolers out there have these issues, although they are not AS common as they used to be.

legendkiller2

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2015
If your friend can get you an Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360, that is probably the best and least expensive of all these options. Next to that, the Corsair Elite Capellix series would be my next choice and while it's not cheaper it's definitely one of the best performing and higher quality AIO series out there. The Cooler master Masterair products, most of them, have pretty good performance BUT I have seen somewhat higher numbers than normal around here of those coolers developing growth in the loop that clogs up the pumps or air bubbles from permeation after a couple of years. Many AIO coolers out there have these issues, although they are not AS common as they used to be.
Thanks you! So the Arctic will be my first choice and if it's not possible to get then I will choose the cheapest Cooler Master option, I guess they all perform within few degrees from each other so not worth spending much more on them.

I think that's pretty much accurate. These days they have mostly all reached the limitations of what the pump and radiator designs can improve on. Sure, there are small improvements here and there, but overall the quality and noise levels of the fans, if they can maintain that same level of performance while be less noisy and lasting a while, is a big factor.

Reactions: legendkiller2