[SOLVED] need help choosing between these two gaming headset

Chriss Angeh

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2015
hello guys so my options are these two:
redragon zeus h510

razer blackshark v2 x

the razer is priced at 49$ and the redragon zeus at 60$

what im looking for: durability, good sound, (dont care much for mic quality but if its good then great) comfort (very important)
hopefully someone can give me some input here, i dont add other choices because they are out of range and not everything is available at my country.

theres also corsair hs35 which is also priced at 50$

Solution
Thank you guys so much for your input and suggestions, sadly there's none of the options that doolittle mentioned :( I do appreciate the help though, so I think things considered and I'm a person that takes care of my items I'm gonna go with the blackshark V2 x headset for 49 $ I'll say it's good enough , once again thanks so much.
I would suggest you get a copy of FXsound it will dramatically help any headsets by allowing you to tune "EQ" and add a layer of virtualization. All versions are free to download and try. I paid for version 1 and use it every day but if you decide not to pay it will continue to work.
fxsound.jpg

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
Razer BlackShark V2 X

-Good Mic
-Comfortable and Stable fit
-Build Quality Isn't fantastic but if you are careful they should last a few years.

Sound

-Highly dependant on fit and positioning
-Bass- Tuned for gaming with a boost in the Mid to High bass range, Bass is fairly accurate and consistent
-Mids- Thin and flat
-Treble- Underemphasized resulting in a recessed and dark sound.
-Sound Stage- Poor since they are closed-back, they require you to install a software package to make it PC 7.1 surround-compatible.

Problem points
Razer-Black-Shark-V2-X.jpg

-Wiring is rather thin
-The hinges at the headband are thin and weak.

Redragon Zeus h510

-Mic quality is roughly the same and is removable
-Comfortable and Stable fit once you wear them in, Tight and high clamping force at first so they need to be broken in.
-Build Quality is better but the hinges still are the weak points. Wiring is removable and replaceable as well as being thicker and braided.

Sound
-Not as dependant on positioning
-Better quality if you use the USB dongle included
-Bass- Less emphasis, more laid back, and still enough to enjoy gaming effects
-Mids-More upfront and can be harsh at times but detailed.
-High- Brighter and more detailed but also can be harsh.
-Sound Stage- Poor "Closed back" You need to rely on the dongle for simulated 3d which works but not as well as what Razor has.

Problem Points
Redragon-Zeus-H510.jpg

-Weak points are nearly identical to the Cloud II
  • Hinge Clamp tends to break if your noggin is huge and it's at max tension
  • Hinge Screw tends to fall out or break internally if roughly handled over time.

Corsair hs35 " I won't get as detailed here since they are worst than the previous two.

-Mic quality Is Poor
-Build quality is what you expect for the price
-They are comfortable

-Bass Uneven, muddled, and bleeds all over the place
-Mids- Cluttered and muddy
-Treble-Uneven, harsh and sharp
-Sound Stage- "Closed Back" It's usable and doesn't rely on software like the other two.

Reactions: Chriss Angeh

Chriss Angeh

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2015
Razer BlackShark V2 X

-Good Mic
-Comfortable and Stable fit
-Build Quality Isn't fantastic but if you are careful they should last a few years.

Sound

-Highly dependant on fit and positioning
-Bass- Tuned for gaming with a boost in the Mid to High bass range, Bass is fairly accurate and consistent
-Mids- Thin and flat
-Treble- Underemphasized resulting in a recessed and dark sound.
-Sound Stage- Poor since they are closed-back, they require you to install a software package to make it PC 7.1 surround-compatible.

Problem points
Razer-Black-Shark-V2-X.jpg

-Wiring is rather thin
-The hinges at the headband are thin and weak.

Redragon Zeus h510

-Mic quality is roughly the same and is removable
-Comfortable and Stable fit once you wear them in, Tight and high clamping force at first so they need to be broken in.
-Build Quality is better but the hinges still are the weak points. Wiring is removable and replaceable as well as being thicker and braided.

Sound
-Not as dependant on positioning
-Better quality if you use the USB dongle included
-Bass- Less emphasis, more laid back, and still enough to enjoy gaming effects
-Mids-More upfront and can be harsh at times but detailed.
-High- Brighter and more detailed but also can be harsh.
-Sound Stage- Poor "Closed back" You need to rely on the dongle for simulated 3d which works but not as well as what Razor has.

Problem Points
Redragon-Zeus-H510.jpg

-Weak points are nearly identical to the Cloud II
  • Hinge Clamp tends to break if your noggin is huge and it's at max tension
  • Hinge Screw tends to fall out or break internally if roughly handled over time.
Corsair hs35 " I won't get as detailed here since they are worst than the previous two.

-Mic quality Is Poor
-Build quality is what you expect for the price
-They are comfortable

-Bass Uneven, muddled, and bleeds all over the place
-Mids- Cluttered and muddy
-Treble-Uneven, harsh and sharp
-Sound Stage- "Closed Back" It's usable and doesn't rely on software like the other two.
I really love the points you made , if only you gave a score though , if you had to pick from these two though, which would it be ? The razer is currently at 49$ while the zeus most likely will be at 60$, I say most likely because they don't have in stock till a month, is it worth the extra money? Or should I just go ahead with the razer? The only thing keeping me unsure is what you mentioned about the build quality of the razer , it's not that I don't take care of my things but it is important to have something that will last relatively well, once again thank you for your time and I really loved the way you gave me feedback.

agree that is a very good breakdown by delaro

would you be willing to BYO a headset with headphones and mic and optionally USB sound card?

Pick a headphone:

Superlux HD 681 Dynamic Semi-Open Headphones $35 (semi-open very good soundstage but not good for isolation)
Monoprice Modern Retro $27 on sale (closed back better for isolation, less sound stage compared to open back type)

A cheap mic:

PoP voice Lavalier Lapel Mic 16' cable $13

Optional sound card:

Sound Blaster Play!3 $22

I largely prefer the hingeless design of these headphones, similar to AGK - much more durable than hinged designs as pointed out by delaro's review of the headsets

The microphone I have clipped to where the cord is attached to the headset, I just leave it there and sounds well enough but easy to remove and clip to your shirt near the collar for improved sound

The sound card gives you decent virtual surround for gaming and has less static and noise in the microphone recording in most cases

unsure what is available in your area hopefully will give you some ideas if the headset selection is narrow

cheers!

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
I really love the points you made , if only you gave a score though , if you had to pick from these two though, which would it be ? The razer is currently at 49$ while the zeus most likely will be at 60$, I say most likely because they don't have in stock till a month, is it worth the extra money? Or should I just go ahead with the razer? The only thing keeping me unsure is what you mentioned about the build quality of the razer , it's not that I don't take care of my things but it is important to have something that will last relatively well, once again thank you for your time and I really loved the way you gave me feedback.

The Zues has a better build quality, they use the same headband as the Cloud 2 "$80" The cups and drivers are different which is why I pointed out the same weakness. The only thing the Razor shines at is the Mic and the Virtual Soundstage, the software is just superior to what Reddraggon has going on with that USB Dongle.

Chriss Angeh

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2015
Thank you guys so much for your input and suggestions, sadly there's none of the options that doolittle mentioned :( I do appreciate the help though, so I think things considered and I'm a person that takes care of my items I'm gonna go with the blackshark V2 x headset for 49 $ I'll say it's good enough , once again thanks so much.

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
I would suggest you get a copy of FXsound it will dramatically help any headsets by allowing you to tune "EQ" and add a layer of virtualization. All versions are free to download and try. I paid for version 1 and use it every day but if you decide not to pay it will continue to work.
fxsound.jpg

Solution

TRENDING THREADS