Need help choosing between upgrade options

Muhammed_16

Prominent
Mar 20, 2017
Hello, recently I have wanted to upgrade my computer a bit.. I got a core i3 2120 processor and a gtx 960 2gb gaming version and I don't know which one should I upgrade first.. because right now I have a core i5 3570k and gtx 1060 3gb mini that I can choose between... which one should I pick to give me higher fps in games like black desert online?

Solution
The reasoning behind the graphics card first option is that you can reuse the graphics card with a new build, eg. Kaby Lake or Ryzen. If you intend to do so then I think a graphics card upgrade first makes sense. Otherwise you'd end up spending more.

Generally the CPU is responsible for a theoretical maximum fps. Upgrading the CPU would make sense if you intend to keep your current PC for as long as possible.
It will depend on the resolution you play your games (and the refresh rate of your monitor in a sense). Generally I would side by the CPU upgrade but it depends whether you intend to upgrade again soon after. If you do plan to upgrade again then I would err towards the graphics card upgrade.

The reasoning behind the graphics card first option is that you can reuse the graphics card with a new build, eg. Kaby Lake or Ryzen. If you intend to do so then I think a graphics card upgrade first makes sense. Otherwise you'd end up spending more.

Generally the CPU is responsible for a theoretical maximum fps. Upgrading the CPU would make sense if you intend to keep your current PC for as long as possible.

Solution