Need Help Choosing First Mechannical Keyboard! Cherry MX Brown. (PLEASE ANSWER ASAP)

Which Cherry MX Brown Keyboard Should I Get out of these?

• Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Logitech G710+

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Duckyshine 3

• Other (Comment Below)

• Total voters

Jonathan Snow

Reputable
Jul 13, 2014
Hey, I am Currently Searching for my First Mechanical Keyboard. I currently like the logitech G710+ but I have heard these rubber band things affect the typing experience. Also the Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja Looks Fantastic But the Price and the shipping time is a bit underwhelming. But I have little experience with keyboards. So i'll love to hear for you guys. Thanks!

-Johnathan

I'm no keyboard expert, but I do a LOT of typing. Haven't tried the Ninja, but have tried the Ducky as well as half a dozen others, and currently own the G710. It's a bit overkill for my gaming needs but types just fine.

Jonathan Snow

Reputable
Jul 13, 2014

Thanks, What is the typing experience like compared to a membrane keyboard?

Basic difference is sensory feedback - with a membrane board, you know that you pressed the key, but without checking your screen you can only assume that the stroke "took". Sometimes the key travels just short of connection which results in missing letters or you look up to find that instead of three paragraphs, you just typed one gigantic paragraph. With a mechanical, you get a click and you can feel the switch break.

I do a lot of touch typing while scanning multiple references. Using a mechanical, I find that my editing time is limited to content rather than content AND typos. Saves a lot of time and frustration. Sometimes some embarrassment too, as I never find all of the typos. For technical writing, a missing apostrophe can mean the difference between being rated as a genius or an incompetent.

One caveat, though - some people find the clicking unbearable. Best to try one hands-on before buying if you're noise sensitive. You can compensate some by selecting a brown, red or blue board as they have different noise levels.

TRENDING THREADS