Need help choosing motherboard for first build

robbo27

Commendable
Nov 28, 2016
I'm caught between a few ATX motherboards and I'm not sure what will be best for what I want. In the end I'd like to have a moderate gaming build that I'll expand in the next year or two when I have money for more storage, ram and maybe a Hue+. I'd also like to keep my options open to use SLI in the future. If there's something far better in the same price range as these please suggest it to me.
I've narrowed it down to:
For reference my build so far is:
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
Storage: Samsung 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Storage: *Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
PSU: EVGA 650 GQ 210-GQ-0650-V1 80+ GOLD 650W Semi Modular EVGA ECO Mode Power Supply
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black Edition

Solution
On the lower end, I'd look to the Asus Z170-A or the Pro Gaming (the Pro tends to run a few dollars more but does have better sound. Then stepping up a step, the Asus Z170-Hero - that was my pick (in sig), I built on numerous other Z170s but yet to find one that beats the Hero ;)

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
On the lower end, I'd look to the Asus Z170-A or the Pro Gaming (the Pro tends to run a few dollars more but does have better sound. Then stepping up a step, the Asus Z170-Hero - that was my pick (in sig), I built on numerous other Z170s but yet to find one that beats the Hero ;)

Solution

robbo27

Commendable
Nov 28, 2016

The Asus Pro Gaming looks fantastic. Thank you!