Need help choosing new graphics card

Feb 7, 2019
Hey. I'm new to PC upgrading and needed some help. I have a GTX 770 and it's time for an upgrade. I have an i5 4570. ASUS H81M-E.

I was interested in a GTX 1070i or a RTX 2070. I'm on a budget and they seem like a good value for the price.

My questions:
Would they fit my system and what are your thoughts on those cards?
Also how can I tell which slot my card is? I think it's PCI Express but sure.

I appreciate your help.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
Who knows?
You haven't listed what pc case you have and whatnot.

Also, while you will see a definite improvement in gaming with either of those cards, you will still be limited by your CPU from taking advantage of the cards full power.

Those cards would end up performing about the same as regular 1070 at most.

But if a 2070 is within budget then it's better than a 1070ti. More like a 1080.

But can't actually help you in regards to your questions without knowing what what case and PSU you have.

Feb 7, 2019

The case is pre-built from Digital Storm. Says Vanquish II level 4. I measured it and it's 20'' long by 8'' wide. That's all I got. Wait I found a link showing it. https://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/6514/digital-storm-vanquish-2-level-4-desktop-gaming-pc-review/index.html

The power supply is 600W Corsair CX.

You think my CPU is too weak for either of those cards? I should upgrade that first? I have no idea how to do that.

Feb 7, 2019

Is it possible to upgrade it to an i7? What would you all recommend for something good but not too expensive?

mgallo848

Commendable
Your motherboard should support an i7 4770k or an i7 4790k. Those are both still very good CPUs but the problem is the majority of them selling used are still at a premium price. If you could get one for a good price that would be ideal but I haven't seen any sell at a cheap price for 6 months now