Question I need help choosing new PSU for this build, because mine Is broken ?

Jun 29, 2024
Below are my specs and photos of my 8 years old itek 500w Power supply, if you guys want i would like to know what's broken here. The PSU turns off after some minutes when the computer Is stressed.
The computer's specs are:

GPU: GTX 1660 Super
CPU: Ryzen 3 4100,
RAM: 16GB DDR4 low frequency
1 x NVMe SSD
1 x SATA SSD

https://flic.kr/ps/44Agxg

These are the photos of my 8 years old itek 500w Power supply, if you guys want i would like to know what's broken here. The PSU turns off After some minutes when the computer Is stressed. The computer got a GTX 1660 super and a ryzen 3 4100, 16 GB ddr4 rams low frequency, 1 mvme and 1 SSD. https://flic.kr/ps/44Agxg

Educational standpoint its probly the following

from my perspective probly picture 4 and 6
one capacitor green looks bulged a bad sign and the other looks like a broken resistor.

and from what i know of the brand its a fire hazard the fact it lasted 8 years is a miracle.

( STRONG ADVISE NOT TO DO ANY REPAIRS ON THAT UNIT PERIOD)

so dont try to fix it and dont touch the capacitors those can have a massive amount of energy still stored even days after.

you should be more worried what it took with it.

also budget usd or gbp ? where are you situated, states or uk?

Jun 29, 2024

one capacitor green looks bulged a bad sign and the other looks like a broken resistor.

and from what i know of the brand its a fire hazard the fact it lasted 8 years is a miracle.

so dont try to fix it and dont touch the capacitors those can have a massive amount of energy still stored even days after.

Im in italy

Hey that looks like a Meiji. For example the ATX-400WS below is described as an ATX 2.31 PSU which can deliver a rated 200-250w (perhaps "400w" is the PMPO when used like a relay with 100% THD) and costs US$26.41 when you buy at least qty36:

That of course makes the "500w" claim of your Itek Case PSU look equally dubious. I especially like the four discrete diodes so they didn't have to buy a bridge rectifier. Otherwise it looks like a very early FSP/Sparkle Power design

Jun 29, 2024

Im in ital
Cheapest 68$? Luckly i already bought a Corsair CV 550 for 50€ on Amazon.