[SOLVED] Need help choosing a new PSU

Jul 14, 2020
Hello everyone, recently my CX750 psu failed on me and now i have to buy a new one, I've been looking at different models on my 100 bucks (more or less) budget and i keep reading mixed reviews about everything. I narrowed down my research on Amazon to a Corsair TX650M and a Corsair RM750, and I'd like to have some straightforward opinions.
I use my pc mainly for gaming with a Gtx 1060 6gb, 8gb ram and a i7-2600
Which one should i buy?

Solution
Hello everyone, recently my CX750 psu failed on me and now i have to buy a new one, I've been looking at different models on my 100 bucks (more or less) budget and i keep reading mixed reviews about everything. I narrowed down my research on Amazon to a Corsair TX650M and a Corsair RM750, and I'd like to have some straightforward opinions.
Which one should i buy?
HERE is a thread on PSU quality by group, take a look.

RealBeast

Titan
Which one should i buy?
HERE is a thread on PSU quality by group, take a look.

Solution

Juular

Respectable
BANNED
Mar 14, 2020
If you don't care about noise then either of them will do, with TX-m being probably somewhat more preferable. And if you do care about noise then neither of them will do as TX-m has rather aggressive fan profile and RM has some coil whine at low load. Although you really don't need 650W PSU for this build, settle down for 550W and perhaps you'll find smth better.