Question Need help completing my first build

• Thread starter Deleted member 2926377
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2926377

I finally got all the parts to build my first PC 2 days ago and managed to connect everything except the power supply. As a first-time builder, I really don't have a clue what cables I need to plug into my power supply.

I'm using the Cooler Master MWE 750 Gold V2 Fully Modular PSU. I've tried looking for tutorials online for this specific PSU and I'm having a hard time trying to find any reliable ones. I've also checked the manuals for both the PSU and my motherboard, but I'm still struggling to get anywhere.

I have yet to connect any motherboard connectors successfully as well, such as front panel connectors, fan headers, etc., despite countless hours of trying. The sheer number of cables and not knowing where to put them has been extremely overwhelming, discouraging me from completing my build. I've tried multiple times to work out where each part wires up by watching tutorials for other builds on YouTube, but I still can't seem to take in what they are explaining.

The motherboard that I am using is the GIGABYTE B550 AORUS Elite V2, for context. I'm using the Corsair iCUE 4000X RGB case, which has 3 RGB fans attached, which I assume will connect up to the fan headers on my motherboard. The graphics card is a Gigabyte AORUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti ELITE 8GB V2.

Because the power supply I bought is fully modular, it came with multiple different connectors. I believe that I only need to connect the 24 pin, CPU, PCIe, and SATA cables to the power supply for my build, but I'd need confirmation on that.

The first time I tried connecting up some of the PSU cables and motherboard connectors to the motherboard, I tried to boot up the PC and the only thing that happened was the RAM lit up but nothing else. I've been trying to complete my build for 2 days now and it's become really frustrating and tiring. Any tips and guidance would be greatly appreciated.