[SOLVED] Need Help Converting Laptop Display To An external HDMI Monitor

Mazin Ruknuddin

Commendable
Feb 23, 2021
I have an "Samsung LTN140AT01-G03" Diplay which i removed from "acer 4740g" laptop.

I was planning to convert that display into an external Monitor, But im not able to find a compatible controller board for this panel as its not available in im country(India),and many market places does not ship to india (ebay as well)

anyways,

i have found an universal controller board In local market "Model=vs t56u11.2".
vs t56u11.2

this controller board is advertised as an controller board for TV's panel, i couldnt find any blogs or videos using this controller board for an laptop lcd

-therefore i wanted to know , Can i use this controller board for my display panel?

-and , if yes,

my display panel does not have an seperate backlight cable(im assuming it doesnt require a seperate cable) so,if there is no backlight cable , how can i connect the display to the controller board

this display just has an 40pin Lvds Single channel port LVDS 40PIN

-thus how do i connect the display to this controller board?

-and the female jack which goes into the motherboard in smaller in size , so i guess it wont connect to this male port on the controlle board , so will i need to buy an new lvds 40 pin cable which matches with the board? image of the lvds port on the board (black port)

thus , can you guys help me out on those problems
thanks a lot

note:- i have removed the lvds cable from the laptop as well , one end has an lvds 40pin and other end two female jack(one is an small 40pin and other one is an small 6pin , im assuming the small 6 pin one connects to laptops 720p webcam ) The oem cable

Solution
Look closely at the cable
40pinwinverter.jpg

You're also using that inverter port on the controller board.

Will it all work 100%... not without the right firmware since that can flop polarity and all the other display-related settings.

The how to get can be complicated, I understand that. :unsure:

AliExpress... well it's just one of many companies that do the same thing, you can also circumvent these 3rd party sellers and go directly to the manufacturers which is what I had to do when I lived in Brazil and Africa. 😕 It might take time to get a reply and you have to rely on DHL which can take up to 90 days at times but it's an option too.

Example
Made in China...

Mazin Ruknuddin

Commendable
Feb 23, 2021
thanks for your reply delaro,

actually i have seen this on ebay and on many diffrent online market places but none of those deliver to my country and as for ebay , ebay is not available over here in my country

therefore i only have access to the "vs t56u11.2" board which is apparently a universal board and its pretty cheap , it has an "lvds" port as well as an "inverter" port.

here is the link to the details of this board https://www.kazmielecom.com/2018/09/23/vs-t56u11-2-software-free-download-all-resolution.html

soo, can i use this board ?

and i wanted to know one more thing
as you said you have this panel , i had a question about backlight connection

as this panel doesnt not have an seperate cable for backlight power
how does this the panel get the power for backlight?

does it get power through 40 pin lvds port itself?
or the 40 pin lvds cable gets seperated into two diffrent(backlight , lvds)

let me knows
thanks

Last edited:

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
does it get power through 40 pin lvds port itself?
or the 40 pin lvds cable gets seperated into two diffrent(backlight , lvds)

let me knows
thanks

It's integrated into the single interface which is why you have one cable.

here is the link to the details of this board https://www.kazmielecom.com/2018/09/23/vs-t56u11-2-software-free-download-all-resolution.html

soo, can i use this board ?
Honestly, I'm not sure, the firmware will give you the correct voltages and even swap polarity and pinouts for the backlight but I don't see many options for Samsung, there is no guarantee the Sony firmware using the same panel resolution will work correctly.

Here is another option on Ali which will ship from Hong Kong to India, It is similar to what you have but with a different controller chip.

Mazin Ruknuddin

Commendable
Feb 23, 2021
Here is another option on Ali which will ship from Hong Kong to India, It is similar to what you have but with a different controller chip.
i went through this as well even this doesnt ship to india
i found a lot of boards in uk , canada , usa etc but litrally none of them ship to india

so as for now , as per the budget , i only have access to "vs t56u11.2"

It's integrated into the single interface which is why you have one cable.

i will try getting the "vs t56u11." board , so as you said ,
i will need to just connect the lvds port with the panel just using the lvds cable right? the display will light up and work properly just with a connection with lvds port?

the board has an backlight inverter port as well , so the display will light up even without using those port?

thanks

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
Look closely at the cable
40pinwinverter.jpg

You're also using that inverter port on the controller board.

Will it all work 100%... not without the right firmware since that can flop polarity and all the other display-related settings.

The how to get can be complicated, I understand that. :unsure:

AliExpress... well it's just one of many companies that do the same thing, you can also circumvent these 3rd party sellers and go directly to the manufacturers which is what I had to do when I lived in Brazil and Africa. 😕 It might take time to get a reply and you have to rely on DHL which can take up to 90 days at times but it's an option too.

Example
Made in China
Made-In-China.jpg

Amazon India.... The storefront you want is zxgcontrollerboard that is the wholesaler, ask them directly for that board even if it's not listed on the storefront for your region.

Banggood might have it but it's a pain for me to search

Happy hunting 🤞

Solution