• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Meet Stan Dmitriev of SurrogateTV on the Pi Cast TODAY! The show is live August 11th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Professional PC modder Mike Petereyns joins Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 13th at 3:00 pm ET (8:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Need help debugging whats wrong with my monitor

Jun 3, 2020
My ancient 27" IPS Zero-G Monoprice monitor suddenly stopped working. The backlight stays lit but the display shows nothing but vertical blurred lines in the middle of the screen. I know the problem is with the monitor since I used two different cables which were confirmed working with another monitor and I used two different PC's which again were displaying normally to my other monitor. The monitor's menu also does not show up finalizing the conclusion that something is wrong with either the board or internal cable of the monitor. I inspected the board for any damaged capacitators and everything looks perfectly fine. I even unplugged and reconnected all of the internal cables to check for any fault connections. I guess my question at this point is should I scrap the monitor or try some extra steps to see if any of the components can be easily repaired. Any help is appreciated.

View: https://imgur.com/a/uaXpOKq

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS