Question Need help deciding between Lian Li Lancool 216 RGB White and NZXT H9 Flow White for my white-themed PC build!

simoelq

Reputable
Mar 22, 2021
Hey, fellow PC builders!
I'm currently in the process of planning my white-themed PC build, and I've hit a roadblock when it comes to choosing the perfect PC case. I've narrowed it down to two options:
  • Lian Li Lancool 216 RGB White
  • NZXT H9 Flow White
However, there's a slight hitch—my preferred choice, the Lian Li case, is currently out of stock.
Now, I'm torn between two options: Should I go ahead and purchase the NZXT H9 case or wait for the Lian Li case to be restocked? I'd love to hear your opinions and experiences with either of these cases, especially if you've had hands-on experience with their performance, build quality, and aesthetics.
I lean towards the Lian Li case for a few reasons. Firstly, it comes with RGB fans and a fan hub, which is a big plus for me. This means I wouldn't need to purchase additional fans, except for a 360 cooler that I already have. On the other hand, if I go with the NZXT H9, I'll need to remove the non-RGB fans that come with it and invest in separate RGB fans, which could end up costing more.
However, I'm also open to alternative suggestions if you know of any white PC cases in a similar price range that offer great aesthetics and performance.
Your advice and feedback will play a crucial role in helping me make an informed decision. Thank you in advance for taking the time to contribute to my dilemma. I'm excited to hear your thoughts!
Happy building,

This, would be a much better option than the NZXT H9 flow IMO. And the case is a lot more highly configurable. And almost certainly of higher quality than any NZXT case.

However, the best advice I can offer you is DO NOT be in a rush when it comes to ordering your case. If you have to wait to get what you REALLY want, then wait. Cases are generally not like other hardware in that other hardware might get replaced every few years BUT if you buy the RIGHT case, then one you REALLY want and will be happy with, you may not replace it for years, and years, and years, if ever, so you want to make sure you actually take the time to be sure you get the case that is going to have ALL the features you need or desire PLUS is going to not just be temporarily visually appealing, but that you know will keep you happy for the long term, or at least the very long mid term. Nothing worse than buying a case and then realizing it simply isn't what you want and having to THEN buy ANOTHER one, making the first one basically a waste of money other than whatever you can recover by reselling it unless you have a use for it elsewhere.

Sure looks like it's in stock at Amazon to me.

sonofjesse

Distinguished

I like the AIR MINI better standard ATX boards and power supply!!!

I made the mistake of getting the other one first and not having an ATX power supply was a deal breaker for me.

I just did one build in the air mini and the other in the lan mesh III and both are amazing!!