kristian20

Reputable
May 20, 2018
Hello everyone, hope the new year is treating you well, I need help deciding between these two rigs.

PC 1 a laptop: MSI GF63 Thin 10UC-675NEU 15.6" 768,45 USD
specs: 144 Hz,
Ram: DDR4 - 8 GB
CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-10500H
GPU: NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3050 Laptop GPU, 4GB
SSD , 512 GB , M.2 via NVMe

PC 2: HP Pavilion TG01-1854no 746,46 USD
RAM 8GB RAM
CPU - i5 10400 /
GPU GTX1650 Super
SSD512GB SSD

Its mainly gonna be for gaming, thanks for any and every help.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
One is a desktop and the other is a laptop, that's not a direct comparison between the two in both the processor, ram, storage options as well as the GPU. If you're looking for mobility, then get the laptop. If you're looking for something reliable, don't look at the HP prebuilt...they are more a collection of e-waste hardware than a prebuilt.

Where are you located, what is your preferred site for purchase and what is your budget? If it's only task is going to be for gaming, then list all the titles you'd like to tax the potential purchased system with(without an etc) and if you intend to run other app's for productivity then include the names of app's without mentioning an etc.

kristian20

Reputable
May 20, 2018
One is a desktop and the other is a laptop, that's not a direct comparison between the two in both the processor, ram, storage options as well as the GPU. If you're looking for mobility, then get the laptop. If you're looking for something reliable, don't look at the HP prebuilt...they are more a collection of e-waste hardware than a prebuilt.

Where are you located, what is your preferred site for purchase and what is your budget? If it's only task is going to be for gaming, then list all the titles you'd like to tax the potential purchased system with(without an etc) and if you intend to run other app's for productivity then include the names of app's without mentioning an etc.
Hey!
My budget is about $1000 and I'm located in Sweden, don't have any preferred site tbh just want a good gaming laptop.

ssmokeyy

Distinguished
May 2, 2010
Anytime u hear someone call a brand e waste stop and do not read there post. They are clueless. Every brand has trash products doesn't mean they all suck. As a buyer its your job to find the good products. I have a bp laptop that has had zero problems for 8 years now. Dell might be a good option with the dells they have right now. If u want a laptop look at bestbuy and asus always a good deal there.

kristian20

Reputable
May 20, 2018
Anytime u hear someone call a brand e waste stop and do not read there post. They are clueless. Every brand has trash products doesn't mean they all suck. As a buyer its your job to find the good products. I have a bp laptop that has had zero problems for 8 years now. Dell might be a good option with the dells they have right now. If u want a laptop look at bestbuy and asus always a good deal there.
Dont have a bestbuy in sweden ;)

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Anytime u hear someone call a brand e waste stop and do not read there post. They are clueless. Every brand has trash products doesn't mean they all suck.

You are dead wrong.

I can't speak entirely for HP, as I think a few of their models use standard parts, but others use proprietary.

Dell for a while was using more or less proprietary/standard equiment, but has moved rather alarmingly toward proprietary components on just about all of their models now. Even when they used standard parts (ie: mATX boards), they'd tend to have BIOSes that would not handle, say, GPU upgrades that a regular motherboard of the same type would handle. Or even CPU upgrades - for example, my old Dell XPS 8300, Sandy Bridge era, standard parts for the most part, but the BIOS would not accept Ivy Bridge CPUs, despite the MB being basically an Intel H67, if I recall...

Anything using most/all proprietary components is, in fact, "e-Waste with a warranty," as GamersNexus put it. Very limited upgradability... so it all gets thrown out sooner than a more standard type of setup would be.

Look, I was a fan of Dell. Even with there "more or less" standard parts that weren't quite 100% standard, you could often find amazing deals.

But when they started going with proprietary motherboard form factors, proprietary PSU form factors, cases that fit their motherboards only, and so forth, it becomes a disposable computer. And, their newer designs seem to have sacrificed cooling in pursuit of using the same basic case design (underneath any fancy plastic).

ssmokeyy

Distinguished
May 2, 2010
Buying a 5800 or 12700k is going to last much longer than the platform should be around. Only time u need to worry about up grading a cpu is if u didn't get one worth vrap to start with. Look at the people with the 2700k today still rocking it. Even those aftermarket boards don't offer crap compared today's standard so u have to upgraded everything. Either save or put it on credit and get the biggest system u can. That way it will last u alot longer and than it doesn't matter if it has e waste in it. 4-5 is all I ever keep my custom builds that I spend 6k on. I have a 3900x with a asus x570 rog formula that I spent $700 on just the board. But the new amd 7000 is coming out and I have to replace everything. Was the asus e waste since it can't handle ryzen 7000. Also there is a thing about buying pc's that have been around for more than a year. These fly by the night brands do not care if it breaks.