[SOLVED] need help deciding mobo to buy

Centurionn98

Prominent
Jan 7, 2020
Hi ! I wanna build a new PC for the first time but the only components that I need to buy/upgrade are just the mobo and cpu
I currently have an Asus Z170-A with Intel Core i5 6402P 2.8GHz, 4c, 4t
here is my full, current build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/mD72Hz
I want to upgrade to ASUS TUF Gaming B550-Plus mobo and Ryzen 5 5600x, I think they should be compatible with the rest of my build.. but is there something really important I need to keep in mind ? do I really need a custom CPU cooler ?
my budget for the 2 components is a total of $500, I live in a different country with a different currency
also, would you suggest anything better or cheaper ?
reasons for upgrading: I think the CPU dragged me down a lot of times when gaming ( Shadow of the Tomb Raider, The Witcher 3, Horizon Zero Dawn, Far Cry 5, CoD 4 Remastered ) and sometimes I have more tasks/apps open and it runs a bit slowly obv, might do streaming/video editing in the future
sry for long post.. also noob at PC building

Solution
D
regarding the mobo, I've given more thought and I think I'll get a Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite V2 as it is cheaper than the Asus one, it has a couple more features and it looks cooler imo
I don't want to OC the RAM, will upgrading to 3200MHz 2x8GB be enough ? will there be a significant change from 2400MHz ( which is actually currently used at 2133MHz.. ) ?

With Ryzen going from 2400mhz to 3200 yes it makes a large difference, I know you don't want to overclock so just enable xmp profile when you get the ram. 16gb is a decent place still should have no issues.

Centurionn98

Prominent
Jan 7, 2020
You will want to go with faster ddr4 with Ryzen I prefer 3200+ MHZ, As for the motherboard and cpu solid choices.

regarding the mobo, I've given more thought and I think I'll get a Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite V2 as it is cheaper than the Asus one, it has a couple more features and it looks cooler imo
I don't want to OC the RAM, will upgrading to 3200MHz 2x8GB be enough ? will there be a significant change from 2400MHz ( which is actually currently used at 2133MHz.. ) ?

D

Deleted member 362816

With Ryzen going from 2400mhz to 3200 yes it makes a large difference, I know you don't want to overclock so just enable xmp profile when you get the ram. 16gb is a decent place still should have no issues.

Reactions: Centurionn98
Solution