k508

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2011
APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: Wed 5th October

USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Gaming and Engineering software

CURRENT GPU AND POWER SUPPLY: No current GPU, new build. PSU is Antec HCG750

OTHER RELEVANT SYSTEM SPECS: Intel i7 2600k

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: pccasegear.com , msy.com.au

PARTS PREFERENCES: No preference. Initially I was leaning towards nVidia, but I just want the best performance I can get.

OVERCLOCKING: Maybe SLI OR CROSSFIRE: Maybe if it turns out to be cheaper.

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1920x1080

I really want a set up that can run BF3 and essentially max settings at 1920x1080. Possible going to be running two monitors in the near future. Just any help in general is appreciated.

At the moment I'm looking at getting ASUS GeForce GTX 560Ti DirectCU II TOP 1GB, but after reading some reviews on it I don't know if it has enough power.

Thanks for looking :)

Solution
I know what shops we have here in Australia. I am in Australia.

I assume you know you need a good psu and matching RAM etc for your system since you don't sound like someone without any knowledge on building a computer, so I will skip small details. After knowing your board, I still stick to my first tought for the GTX 570.

pccasegear has a special on Gainward GeForce GTX 570:

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=888&products_id=16990

k508

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2011

It's all being put together with an ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 Motherboard. I guess it can come from other sites, it's just that I'm in Australia and quite limited to my local options.

I know what shops we have here in Australia. I am in Australia.

I assume you know you need a good psu and matching RAM etc for your system since you don't sound like someone without any knowledge on building a computer, so I will skip small details. After knowing your board, I still stick to my first tought for the GTX 570.

pccasegear has a special on Gainward GeForce GTX 570:

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=888&products_id=16990

Solution

k508

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2011

Thanks a lot for the recommendation. I was just looking at that card as you posted the link to it, and it's not much more expensive than the 560Ti I was planning on getting.

So this card will run BF3 quite well on relatively high settings, and I can always pop another one in later down the track. Just out of curiosity, would my 750w PSU have enough juice for SLI 570s?

No problem. I just checked the rail amp on your psu and looks good for the GTX570. PSU has 4 rail of 40 amp and you need 38 amp for each card for the sli. So as long as the total wattage is under the max wattage with some headroom, I am quite sure your psu will handle it.