• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Pi Cast Episode 3 streams live on Tuesday, August 4th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Catch Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 6th at 2:00 pm ET (7:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Need help deciding on AIO and fan placement in Enthoo 719

Jul 3, 2020
Hi guys,

So, I'm moving my system over to a new Phanteks Enthoo 719, and the sheer amount of options is making my head spin. In the next month or so I'll have a dual system in here with a custom loop, so I don't want to go crazy with this configuration, but at the very least want passable airflow (that also doesn't look half bad) with what I have, which is-

1 Artic Freezer 2 360 AIO
3 Thermaltake Riing Duo 120mm RGB fans
Assorted 140mm fans.
Radeon VII graphics card, stock fans.

If I used the RGB fans as intakes/outakes on the side or front, would I then have to use the AIO as an outtake on top? In a perfect world I would be leaving the AIO fans as is (intake), since I'll be selling it soon.

Should I just simplify things and use the Riings instead of the stock AIO fans, and then throw some outakes on top?

Any opinions would be great!

lingarajug

Honorable
Dec 21, 2013
The fans on the front and the bottom space will bring in cold air and aio gets cooled with that and pumps out hot up top, u just have to find an effective way to get air to second system on the left bottom for this specific case, may be high rpm and high airflow fans up front might help.

Phaaze88

Illustrious
Ambassador
You really will have no issues with airflow in that chassis.
I have used it - currently sitting in a corner of my room collecting dust; it was an impulse buy.
It's good that you do plan to set up a loop in there - that's all that should be used in there.

It's very roomy as it is. Just do front intake - or side - a rear exhaust, and ride it out until it's time for the loop.

Jul 3, 2020
You really will have no issues with airflow in that chassis.
I have used it - currently sitting in a corner of my room collecting dust; it was an impulse buy.
It's good that you do plan to set up a loop in there - that's all that should be used in there.

It's very roomy as it is. Just do front intake - or side - a rear exhaust, and ride it out until it's time for the loop.
Thanks! I'm just going to wing it with placement than. I'm too invested in putting together the custom loop than having to put any more effort into making my current setup perfect. Its the only reason I chose this case.

Reactions: Phaaze88

ASK THE COMMUNITY