[SOLVED] need help deciding on pc headsets

Takedas55

Prominent
Apr 4, 2019
Hi there
I want to buy a new gaming headset but my knowledge on that is nil
I am looking for a high quality and loud pair I currently own the cloudx revolver and I find these a bit quiet for music
I used to own Asus strixx 7.1 set with an amp before and they were amazing they were really loud which is what I want but I really disliked the leather ear cups my ears would get really sweaty in them can anyone recommend me a pair I am willing to spend £250 max

Solution
I would consider a pair of headphones rather than a dedicated PC headset. Dedicated headphones would give you the superior Music quality you want. For gaming use a virtual surround sound software like Razer Surround or Boom 3d.

For comfort it seems you like the larger over ear design. I prefer that too and hate the smaller on ear design. It's the leather pads you hate and that's why better studio headphones use velvet rather than leather. Velvet is so comfy. If you want wired, look for a pair with a removable cable so when the cable breaks over time it's an easy replacement.

If your motherboard has a headphone amp you are all set. If not you can get a USB DAC. As an example you could get the Seiheiser HD599 for around...

gondo

Distinguished
I would consider a pair of headphones rather than a dedicated PC headset. Dedicated headphones would give you the superior Music quality you want. For gaming use a virtual surround sound software like Razer Surround or Boom 3d.

For comfort it seems you like the larger over ear design. I prefer that too and hate the smaller on ear design. It's the leather pads you hate and that's why better studio headphones use velvet rather than leather. Velvet is so comfy. If you want wired, look for a pair with a removable cable so when the cable breaks over time it's an easy replacement.

If your motherboard has a headphone amp you are all set. If not you can get a USB DAC. As an example you could get the Seiheiser HD599 for around $180. An MAudio or Fiio DAC can be had for $70 or so. Fits the $250 budget.

Solution
Hi there
I want to buy a new gaming headset but my knowledge on that is nil
I am looking for a high quality and loud pair I currently own the cloudx revolver and I find these a bit quiet for music
I used to own Asus strixx 7.1 set with an amp before and they were amazing they were really loud which is what I want but I really disliked the leather ear cups my ears would get really sweaty in them can anyone recommend me a pair I am willing to spend £250 max

How loud do you play your audio? The Cloud Revolver comes with a USB DAC which feeds it a bit extra power over what most motherboards will do. You are going to damage your hearing listening to things loud with headphones over time, like teeth, you only have one set of ears for your lifetime, need to watch how loud you go with headphones.