[SOLVED] Need help deciding on the last parts of my build.

Thefirstone111

Reputable
Dec 15, 2015
Hello fellas,

I've decided that i'm going to finally upgrade my first self-built pc. It has had it's fair share of issues, so i'm wanting to make sure i do it right this time around.
I'll be using it mostly for 144 fps gaming on as high a setting as possible. Currently on 1080p. Playing all sorts of games, but want to be able to do high speed pvp fps gaming. May want to do 1440 in the future for offline games, but will settle for 60-100 frames on that. Don't do anything else that would stress the system at all.

Buying the parts in the netherlands

Cpu - Wanting to get as close to top of the line as i can on this budget. Heard good things about Noctua coolers so got one of those in case i want to do mild overclocking down the line.

Motherboard - Stole this pick off someone elses list. Know almost nothing about motherboards, but i'm wanting to upgrade to an m.2 drive down the line.

Ram - Picked any 16 GB DDR4 on 3600 speed

GPU - Seems like the best in price slot

Storage - Already have 3 SSD's. Looking to bring them over.

Case - Is a placeholder, i'm looking at that as we speak.

PSU - Already have this one. Hoping it's good enough to power the new build. Saves me quite a bit.

I'm not using any HDD's, and an AMD GPU is out of the question. I do not need windows. Don't need an optical drive.

Looking for any advice really. Do y'all think the psu will hold up? Anything i can do better for in the price range? Anything specific i should think of when looking for a case?
Thanks in advance!

PCPartPicker Part List
TypeItemPrice
CPUIntel Core i7-9700K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor$379.89 @ B&H
CPU CoolerNoctua NH-U12S 55 CFM CPU Cooler-
MotherboardMSI Z390-A PRO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard$129.99 @ B&H
MemoryCorsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory$94.99 @ Newegg
StoragePNY CS900 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive$37.99 @ B&H
StorageSamsung 850 EVO-Series 250 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive$107.99 @ Adorama
Video CardMSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB GAMING X TRIO Video Card$620.00
CaseCorsair SPEC-DELTA RGB ATX Mid Tower Case$79.99 @ Best Buy
Power SupplySeaSonic S12II 620 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply-
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total$1450.84
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-03-30 18:12 EDT-0400

Solution
Thanks for the input!

I was afraid that my PSU would be on the low side, so i suppose i'll have to sell it and shell out for a larger one.

Any reason to swap out the GPU besides the pricing on the card? Same for the cpu cooler?

I was going to hold off on the NVME but i suppose the one you linked is fairly cheap, so i might aswell spring for that and hook my SSD's up anyway.

Did already take a look at ryzen, and while they look to perhaps beat out intel a bit (even on gaming?), i'm worried about stability. I went with an AMD GPU this time around, and if i was able to gather up all the crash logs relating to that card's drivers and print them out, i could probably cover my entire house with them.
The AMD Ryzen CPUs are...
That PSU can be a borderline case for the kind of build you are aiming. I wont depend on it with brand new parts. Besides, 9700k is not good value for money atm. This should be way better...

PCPartPicker Part List

Type|Item|Price
:----|:----|:----
CPU | AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 3.9 GHz 8-Core Processor | $339.99 @ Newegg
CPU Cooler | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 50.5 CFM CPU Cooler | $86.46 @ B&H
Motherboard | Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard | $199.99 @ B&H
Memory | G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory | $83.99 @ Newegg
Storage | Crucial P1 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive | $69.95 @ B&H
Video Card | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB WINDFORCE OC 3X Video Card | $499.99 @ B&H
Case | Cooler Master MasterBox MB510L ATX Mid Tower Case | $57.98 @ Newegg
Power Supply | Corsair RM (2019) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply | $124.99 @ Best Buy
| Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts |
| Total | $1463.34
| Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-03-30 19:05 EDT-0400 |

Thefirstone111

Reputable
Dec 15, 2015
Thanks for the input!

I was afraid that my PSU would be on the low side, so i suppose i'll have to sell it and shell out for a larger one.

Any reason to swap out the GPU besides the pricing on the card? Same for the cpu cooler?

I was going to hold off on the NVME but i suppose the one you linked is fairly cheap, so i might aswell spring for that and hook my SSD's up anyway.

Did already take a look at ryzen, and while they look to perhaps beat out intel a bit (even on gaming?), i'm worried about stability. I went with an AMD GPU this time around, and if i was able to gather up all the crash logs relating to that card's drivers and print them out, i could probably cover my entire house with them.

Thanks for the input!

The AMD Ryzen CPUs are actually not as bad as some of their GPUs. But if you must, then...

PCPartPicker Part List

Type|Item|Price
:----|:----|:----
CPU | Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor | $379.89 @ B&H
CPU Cooler | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 50.5 CFM CPU Cooler | $86.46 @ B&H
Motherboard | Asus TUF Z390-PLUS GAMING (WI-FI) ATX LGA1151 Motherboard | $169.99 @ B&H
Memory | G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory | $83.99 @ Newegg
Storage | Crucial P1 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive | $69.95 @ B&H
Video Card | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB WINDFORCE OC 3X Video Card | $499.99 @ B&H
Case | Cooler Master MasterBox MB510L ATX Mid Tower Case | $57.98 @ Newegg
Power Supply | Corsair RM (2019) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply | $124.99 @ Best Buy
| Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts |
| Total | $1473.24
| Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-03-30 21:37 EDT-0400 |

The GPU and cooler are both quality units.

Solution