[Need Help] - Dell T1650 restart every 5 seconds

Laniakea1906

Commendable
Oct 1, 2016
Hello everybody !

I have a big problem with my Dell T1650... He restart after 5 seconds after i turn it on and he do that in strange loop... Everything is full stock, all the disk are empty by the way(it's the Xeon E3 1290v2 version, with no OS).

Thank you !

Laniakea1906,

There are several possible causes of this problem.

1. Check BIOS /Setup Settings: The first thing to try is As soon as the computer starts, begin pressing the button to enter BIOS /setup-perhaps F10 or ESC .

If you get into BIOS:

2. BIOS Boot Sequence: If the disk is completely empty, the boot sequence in BIOS may always try to boot from the hard drive. If the disk is not formatted it should have a message "Disk Not found," but if the disk is formatted but has no operating system on it, it should have some other message.

_A Change the boor sequence so that the system first tries to boot from the DVD drive, then secondly from the Hard drive.

_B After changing the boot sequence, put a Windows installation disk in the DVD/CD drive and try starting on the installation disk.

3. Memory: If the computer:

_A. has no RAM,
_B. there is not RAM in the No.1 slot,
_C, the incorrect type of RAM,
_D, the RAM is mixed: you can not mix ECC and non-ECC or unbuffered and registered RAM modules

> it will not start.

4. BIOS: If the BIOS is missing or corrupted, it will not start. Look at the manual on how to "reset CMOS".
Usually, you must remove the little round battery on the motherboard for 30 seconds. That will rest the BIOS to the original settings that tells the computer how to start.

_A. Update the BIOS to the latest version. On another computer, download the latest T1650 BIOS from dell.com .

That is a place to start.

Let us know what happens.

Cheers,

BambiBoom

Laniakea1906

Commendable
Oct 1, 2016

Nothing is better, i bought new ram sticks but it don't work. it do the same exact thing... 2 seconds on and 5 seconds off in the same loop. I think it's the crappy Dell motherboard... they sure don't know how to do IT stuff...

TRENDING THREADS