[SOLVED] Need help determining if PCIe slot is damaged/GPU fried

Jun 5, 2020
Hi,

I apologize but this is my first time trying to build a PC. I originally had everything set up but for some reason my computer wasn't registering my GPU... so I decided to take it out and try to figure out what was wrong. However, I didn't undo the latch and tried to take the graphics card out.. and after looking through a couple of posts here I think I may have either damaged the PCIe port or fried the GPU.

When I put everything back together and connected the monitor to the GPU, the monitor no longer displayed (no signal) and the fans on the GPU no longer ran. This made me think that something is wrong.

I attached some pictures below of the GPU and PCIe port, but please let me know if I can provide better pictures/information. The first two are pictures of the GPU and the following 3 are pictures of the PCI port. I would greatly appreciate any advice/suggestions.

63c2f1ee43.png
a15a8b2f1a.png

2463dc6586.png
c777ebfb91.png
ed31e48ec9.png

Jun 5, 2020
Well...I don't see anything wrong with the contacts on the card.

....but slots can be very hard to visually see there is something wrong.

You can try reseating it....and cleaning the contacts....and maybe you will get lucky.
Sorry, I managed to find another PC (old one) to test the GPU on.. and the GPU fans ran when I turned the computer on, but the monitor did not display. Does this mean that the original problem was with the port on the motherboard??