Question Need help diagnosing a problem!

Jul 8, 2019
So I switched PC cases to one with better air flow and now the computer only shows a black screen. It turned on and I was in Windows for about 10 mins when the screen when black. Everything was working fine, now it's not. I double checked and everything is plugged in correctly but when I power on the PC there is no post beep. Fans all come on. I removed the video card to see if it would post, nothing changed. I removed the ram and it does do the rapid error beeping. I tried using just one ram stick using different ones and different slots but no post beep and no picture. Supposedly from what I read it means my ram is bad but I find it hard to believe that all four sticks and all four slots would be better at the same time unless something's going on with the board. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Here's my specs:

Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P motherboard

AMD FX-6300 6 core processor

AMD Radeon RX 480 8GB GPU

Ballistix Sport 8GB x 4 DDR3 PC3-12800 ram

Corsair RM 1000x power supply

Crucial 525GB SSD

CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D Full-Tower

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Welcome to the forums my friend!

A black screen does not mean your RAM is bad - it just means your RAM could be a culprit, but if you've tried each individual module in each slot, it's not so likely.

Being as this has only occured after moving case (have you changed anything else?) I would go through every step on the below guide - even if you have done some of these steps before:
https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...ng-about-post-boot-no-video-problems.1285536/