[SOLVED] Need Help Discovering The Problem Source Of Trrr Sound

Nero1024

Reputable
Apr 28, 2018
The problem is that when I play music on my PC or video, or any content where audio is playing, this strange trrr sound in audio is occurring when any software is opened on the background or by me. What could be the source of the problem? I am using windows 10, latest updated. I was using HDD before as primary drive, now using NVME SSD and it's all the same

Last edited:
Solution
I forgot to mention that this problem starts happening only after awhile when I start windows

I read a few different places that AsRock had good RealTek audio drivers that worked for everyone that used their onboard. I installed it once a year ago when I 1st built my system and have never had an audio issue once. Won't hurt to try them. If not, then here's the drivers for Realtek v2.81 or here. The 1st link also has even older drivers if you want to try those. Or you can just uninstall the drivers completely and allow Windows to install the driver, which will be the newest one. I read that with the 2.82 driver, RealTek removed all 3rd party software so the Audio manager was removed. I can't verify as I'm not at home...

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
The problem is that when I play music on my PC or video or any content where audio is playing this strange trrr in audio is occuring when any software is open on the backround or by me. What could be the sourse of the problem? I am using windows 10 latest updated

Hi @nero1024 ,

Please list out the exact mobo you are using, along with other specs. Using the onboard audio or an add-in card? Headphones or through powered speakers? Any large appliances near you? How well is your PC grounded? Whats your internal cable management like?

More details please.

Reactions: TheFalcro

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
Do you by chance happen to have an add-in sound card like an X-Fi or Xonar or even a generic 5.1 you could install and try? I'm curious if it's an electrical issue that your onboard audio is picking up from your mobo/hardware. Are you connected at the back or through your monitor?

Where did you get your drivers from? MSI's website or Realtek's? You can also download them from AsRock's site. If you have the 2.82 ver. driver, try the 2.81 version instead.

Last edited:

Nero1024

Reputable
Apr 28, 2018
Do you by chance happen to have an add-in sound card like an X-Fi or Xonar or even a generic 5.1 you could install and try? I'm curious if it's an electrical issue that your onboard audio is picking up from your mobo/hardware. Are you connected at the back or through your monitor?

Where did you get your drivers from? MSI's website or Realtek's? You can also download them from AsRock's site. If you have the 2.82 ver. driver, try the 2.81 version instead.

Nope. Don't have any. Integrated sound chip was always enough for my needs. My speakers are connected through green in on the back of the PC and headphones through front green in.
I am using drivers from MSI site. Will try to downgrade now. Where can I get 2.81 version?

Last edited:

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
I forgot to mention that this problem starts happening only after awhile when I start windows

I read a few different places that AsRock had good RealTek audio drivers that worked for everyone that used their onboard. I installed it once a year ago when I 1st built my system and have never had an audio issue once. Won't hurt to try them. If not, then here's the drivers for Realtek v2.81 or here. The 1st link also has even older drivers if you want to try those. Or you can just uninstall the drivers completely and allow Windows to install the driver, which will be the newest one. I read that with the 2.82 driver, RealTek removed all 3rd party software so the Audio manager was removed. I can't verify as I'm not at home in front of my own PC to verify on my X470 Taichi.

Last edited:
Solution

Nero1024

Reputable
Apr 28, 2018
I read a few different places that AsRock had good RealTek audio drivers that worked for everyone that used their onboard. I installed it once a year ago when I 1st built my system and have never had an audio issue once. Won't hurt to try them. If not, then here's the drivers for Realtek v2.81 or here. The 1st link also has even older drivers if you want to try those. Or you can just uninstall the drivers completely and allow Windows to install the driver, which will be the newest one. I read that with the 2.82 driver, RealTek removed all 3rd party software so the Audio manager was removed. I can't verify as I'm not at home in front of my own PC to verify on my X470 Taichi.

Yes, RealTek removed all unnecessary crap, around 450 MB.
I tried AsRock version drivers, windows ones and 2.81. It's all the same. After awhile, this trr, prrr lag sound happens..

Nero1024

Reputable
Apr 28, 2018
Is your mobo under warranty? If not, at this point I'd suggest buying a cheap 5.1 sound card and installing it. If it works fine, then you know there's an issue with your onboard. If you still hear it, then you know it's an issue with your speakers/headphones. Here's a cheap Sound Blaster Audigy FX in PCIe for $37. Cheaper than buying a new mobo.

Nope. So, most probably a mobo issue? Because same can be heard on speakers/headphones. I will consider sound card then...

Nero1024

Reputable
Apr 28, 2018
OMG, I have found out what was responsible for that issue.. It turns out it was MSI Afterburner. Who would have guessed?

It happens every time you load custom profile. Somehow it reloads it every time software is loaded causing CPU spikes

Last edited:

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
OMG, I have found out what was responsible for that issue.. It turns out it was MSI Afterburner. Who would have guessed?

It happens every time you load custom profile. Somehow it reloads it every time software is loaded causing CPU spikes

Wow! Well that's awesome you were able to fix the problem! I wonder if it's only with the onboard audio or if it would have repeated itself even had you bought an add-in card.. Try Precision X1 and let me know if the problem persists. I think I mentioned it above. It's the fan control program I use and have 0 feed-back issues.

Either way, glad the root cause was discovered. 👍

Nero1024

Reputable
Apr 28, 2018
Wow! Well that's awesome you were able to fix the problem! I wonder if it's only with the onboard audio or if it would have repeated itself even had you bought an add-in card.. Try Precision X1 and let me know if the problem persists. I think I mentioned it above. It's the fan control program I use and have 0 feed-back issues.

Either way, glad the root cause was discovered. 👍

Yeah, but nothing to be happy about. Issue is fixed only when I close MSI Afterburner.. And I need it because it has RTSS and custom frequency/voltage curve. Whats even worse, I have reported the issue to developer, but he doesn't seem to care..