[SOLVED] Need help fake gpu?

GOREFINGER

Commendable
Oct 20, 2020
Looks to be legit. You could just test it with some benchamarks too, just too be sure.

It is identical to this model: https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/zotac-gtx-1660-super-destroyer-hy-ha.b8132
The card is only intended for the Asian market... that's why it's harder to find.
Looks to be legit. You could just test it with some benchamarks too, just too be sure.

It is identical to this model: https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/zotac-gtx-1660-super-destroyer-hy-ha.b8132
The card is only intended for the Asian market... that's why it's harder to find.
Thanks for the info i got sad and confused thought i got ripped off so its good right?

Another way to check is by getting the cooler off the PCB and looking at the GPU die:

902-tu116-300-a1.jpg

NOT recommended though, you'll most likely void the warranty of that card (if it has one).

i do have old mother board gigabyte g41mt-s2ptg4

Problem with your current motherboard is that's old and newer GPUs like the 1660S require UEFI support to work, which that G41 doesn't. It won't work most likely I'm afraid.

Reactions: GOREFINGER

GOREFINGER

Commendable
Oct 20, 2020
Another way to check is by getting the cooler off the PCB and looking at the GPU die:

902-tu116-300-a1.jpg

NOT recommended though, you'll most likely void the warranty of that card (if it has one).

Problem with your current motherboard is that's old and newer GPUs like the 1660S require UEFI support to work, which that G41 doesn't. It won't work most likely I'm afraid.
Yeah i am noob when it comes to this stuff also gpu have one year warranty guess i have to wait for motherboard to arrive but thanks for info atleast there is some hope for me maybe its not fake

DO not take the card apart just to verify the chip.
You risk problems not getting it all back together properly.

Likely, you need a UEFI capable motherboard.
But some cards will have compatibility with legacy bios.

You can try installing in whatever motherboard and cpu you have on hand.

Yo check if the card is a fake, run GPU-Z