Question Need help figuring out the problem. Im going insane here !

Apr 10, 2021
Hello guys! I recently(couple months ago) bought a Nvidia 3060ti since my good old 1070 died out. After actually swapping the graphic cards i noticed that i barely have 60 fps in most of the games i played.
On top of that some games that have 60+ fps(Like League,Valorant,Apex etc have this very weird feeling of not rly being "true 60+fps). Now i think i have a above average pc and most of this games i used to run on 100+ fps with no problem.
Also swapping the settings from highest to lowest. Turning on Vsync etc etc is NOT fixing the problem at all. I have same fps on ultra max settings and on ultra low. With stutters and stuff like that! Could the bottlenecking be the problem?
Also when i check the temperatures everything seems to be normal. I forgot to mention that obviously i deleted the old drivers using ddu and installed completely fresh and new ones. Win 10 is updated everything is up to date.
Please help me out here cuz its really driving me insane that i have above average PC and i cant manage a stable 60+fps. Im really thinking that its bottlenecking problem but i need more opinions.
Any of these problems that i have now i did NOT have untill i swapped GPU. Could my CPU be a lot older compared to gpu and its bottlenecking it?

My PC specs are:
CPU: Intel i7 6700k 4.0
GPU:Nvidia 3060TI
RAM:16 GB 2400mhz
PSU:Cobra power 850w !

Last edited:

InvalidError

Titan
If you are 100% certain you used to have much better performance with the 1070 and that your frame rates appear to be mysteriously locked to 60fps a lot of the time, then I'd suspect something such as a power plan setting is attempting to limit your frame rate to ~60fps.

Apr 10, 2021
If you are 100% certain you used to have much better performance with the 1070 and that your frame rates appear to be mysteriously locked to 60fps a lot of the time, then I'd suspect something such as a power plan setting is attempting to limit your frame rate to ~60fps.
Its not even locked to 60 fps. It dips even bellow. I really do not know whats the cause of the problem. How can i check the power plan settings?

InvalidError

Titan
There may be some options in Windows' power plan.

In Nvidia's control panel, there is:
  • background app frame limit
  • max frame rate
  • power management mode
There may be more on newer GPUs that I cannot see with my 1050.

Edit: incidentally, I just discovered that my GPU was set to low-power mode.

Apr 10, 2021
There may be some options in Windows' power plan.

In Nvidia's control panel, there is:
  • background app frame limit
  • max frame rate
  • power management mode
There may be more on newer GPUs that I cannot see with my 1050.

Edit: incidentally, I just discovered that my GPU was set to low-power mode.
I just checked those in Nvidia Control panel and Background app frame limit is off,max frame rate is off and power managment mode is set to Normal. :/

Jaegeren

Honorable
Jan 7, 2015
When i installed my 3080 it somehow locked my screens refresh rate to 60Hz.

I had to go into display settings > advanced display settings. And then reselect 144 hz as the refresh rate.

Do your monitor say 60Hz?
Did you wipe the old Nvidia driver completely with DDU?

Jaegeren

Honorable
Jan 7, 2015
That cpu def has some bottleneck on the 3060ti. You're using a 6th gen intel afterall. Especially if you game at 1080p. You'd get bottlenecked with an 8th gen, let alone a 6th gen intel.

At 1080p sure, but if he's at 1440p wouldn't a 6700 be sufficient? Especially as more of the workload is offloaded to the GPU itself then.

I think it might even be good enough for a 3070 if that is the resolution he plays at, he never did mention anything about the resolution.

Apr 10, 2021
At 1080p sure, but if he's at 1440p wouldn't a 6700 be sufficient? Especially as more of the workload is offloaded to the GPU itself then.

I think it might even be good enough for a 3070 if that is the resolution he plays at, he never did mention anything about the resolution.
My bad. Im playing at 1080p resolution. My monitor does not support 1440p and some games do not have options to turn 1440p on.

Apr 10, 2021
When i installed my 3080 it somehow locked my screens refresh rate to 60Hz.

I had to go into display settings > advanced display settings. And then reselect 144 hz as the refresh rate.

Do your monitor say 60Hz?
Did you wipe the old Nvidia driver completely with DDU?
I did yes. But my monitor is 60Hz its new but only 60hz. And i did completely delete old drivers with DDU

David0ne86

Prominent
Mar 11, 2021
Im telling you, you're getting bottlenecked. But hey, what do i know lol. When you see stuttering, 90% of the time the #1 culprit is bottleneck especially when you're running such a old cpu. Which might have been great at that time, but nowadays it just doesn't cut it with modern gpus.

Reactions: zionistic94