[SOLVED] Need help figuring out which driver is causing problems

Jan 2, 2019
Here are also my specs if that helps get an idea of whats going on:

My specs and dmp files - https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmK767cun0QvgmVbVztBHoUYPrsD

Motherboard - Gigabyte F2A68HM-HD21 (have never updated BIOS on it)

Battery - EVGA Supernova 650 G3 80+ Gold

CPU Heatsink - Cool Master Hyper T2 FM2+ Socket

Graphics Card - EVGA GeForce GTX 970

Processor - AMD A10-7800 Raedon R7, 12 Compute Core 4C +8G 3.50 GHz

Ram - 16gb

Windows 10 Pro 1809
OS build 17763.195

I've ran memtest with no errors, I've ran chkdsk, no errors. All drivers seem to be updated as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

UPDATE: here is my latest bsod dump - https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmK767cun0QvgmYy5Ywf4oanfYhm

I also cannot run verifier and get results. After restarting my pc like verifier wants, I get hit with an BSOD right away and have to repair/restore so nothing is stored from running verifier. No driver name is listed.

Solution
It has to be a Revision 3 since 3.1 has a different range for bios codes. 3 is F followed by a number, 3.1 is F followed by another letter. He is on the newest non beta bios.

AVG crashed as well, perhaps remove it to see if you still crash. I would normally blame LAN drivers but you appear to have fairly recent ones

if you already run memtest86 and checked hdd, try running prime95 on the CPU

richpixel

Prominent
Jan 3, 2019
Ntoskrnl.exe (Short for Windows NT operating system kernel,) also known as kernel image, provides the kernel and executive layers of the Windows NT kernel space, and is responsible for various system services such as hardware virtualization, process and memory management, thus making it a fundamental part of the system. It contains the cache manager, the executive, the kernel, the security reference monitor, the memory manager, and the scheduler.

If you don't use the gtx 970 and use onboard gfx, so completely uninstalling nvidia drivers, do you get same error

Jan 2, 2019

I have not done a test without the nvidia drivers but prior to having this gtx I would run into game crashes all the time.. Hours ago I was unable to get into windows so in safe mode I removed nvidia drivers using DDU and got back onto windows.

Then windows proceeded with installing an old driver (sep,2018) on its own. I don't think I want to update it again just yet since it might cause the bsods all over again.

I just tested out a game and it froze on me, the second time this bsod came up - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://pste.eu/p/1reP.html

File: 010819-32750-01.dmp (Jan 8 2019 - 11:53:06)
BugCheck: [IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (A)]
Probably caused by: memory_corruption (Process: svchost.exe)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 11 Min(s), and 26 Sec(s)

File: 010819-31796-01.dmp (Jan 8 2019 - 12:00:54)
BugCheck: [SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (1000007E)]
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by: memory_corruption (Process: System)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 07 Min(s), and 04 Sec(s)

File: 010819-29500-01.dmp (Jan 8 2019 - 11:36:05)
BugCheck: [SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3B)]
Probably caused by: memory_corruption (Process: AVGSvc.exe)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 02 Min(s), and 07 Sec(s)

File: 010819-28843-01.dmp (Jan 8 2019 - 11:41:09)
Probably caused by: memory_corruption (Process: svchost.exe)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 04 Min(s), and 29 Sec(s)
One of the 4 crashes was caused by nvlddmkm.sys. That file is a NVIDIA graphics card driver. There are a few things you can do to fix this problem. First off, try a full uninstall using DDU in Safe Mode then re-install the driver (more information). Or try getting the latest version of the driver. Or try one of the 3 most recent drivers released by NVIDIA. Drivers can be found here: http://www.nvidia.com/ or you can allow Windows Update to download the driver for you, which might be a older/better version.

Motherboard: F2A78M-HD2
BIOS: Version F2 (05/28/2014)
There's several revisions of your motherboard and I'm not sure which one you have. I see a 3.0 and 3.1 in the [Google search].

I can't help you with this. Someone else will post with more information soon. Please wait for more answers. Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master
It has to be a Revision 3 since 3.1 has a different range for bios codes. 3 is F followed by a number, 3.1 is F followed by another letter. He is on the newest non beta bios.

AVG crashed as well, perhaps remove it to see if you still crash. I would normally blame LAN drivers but you appear to have fairly recent ones

if you already run memtest86 and checked hdd, try running prime95 on the CPU

Solution
Jan 2, 2019

Thanks for checking for me. I have uninstalled NVIDIA prior via DDU and am on the driver that windows thinks is best for me, I'm aware there is a newer version but am thinking thats what caused my problems?

Also I doubled checked on my bios and it is 3.0 I believe.

I've only had one bsod since being on a lower NVIDIA driver and it was this one: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, after testing a game out.

Jan 2, 2019

Okay I'll try both those solutions and report back.

gardenman

Splendid
I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://pste.eu/p/UjId.html

File: 011119-26718-01.dmp (Jan 11 2019 - 13:49:07)
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for AscFileControl.sys
Probably caused by: memory_corruption (Process: RadeonSettings.exe)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 06 Min(s), and 12 Sec(s)

File: 011119-25562-01.dmp (Jan 11 2019 - 14:06:48)
BugCheck: [DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (D1)]
Probably caused by: memory_corruption (Process: System)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 17 Min(s), and 04 Sec(s)

AscFileControl.sys is the Advanced SystemCare Control driver.

I can't help you with this. Someone else will post with more information soon. Please wait for more answers. Good luck.

Jan 2, 2019
I went ahead and deleted Advanced System Care just in case.

It seems with two GPUs and them having their own memory, I'm having problems with.

Any feedback on how to get them to work together/be stable if thats the case? I'm no expert so correct me if I'm wrong but I feel like they're getting confused on how to allocate each of their memory's or something.

Colif

Win 11 Master
2 gpu? Have you got the apu running as well? is there a monitor attached to motherboard? The apu should shut off if you have an Nvidia card attached.

The nvidia card has its own Vram, it would only use system memory if it runs out

The APU uses system ram. their memory is handled by system, i doubt they getting confused.

I should have mentioned the Iobit program before.