[SOLVED] Need help finding a compatible motherboard for i7 cpu

Apr 20, 2022
So my old motherboard died few days back and need a new one the problem is I don't really have much knowledge when it comes to components performance etc, I need a motherboard compatible, these are the components I have
Cpu: Intel i7 7700k
Gpu: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 8 GB FTW GAMING ACX 3.0 Video Card
Ram: 2 ddr4 memory sticks
And well the rest for now it would be really helpful to find the base, for now I can just afford the motherboard for now, I don't mind the price but would be nice if someone can give me various recommendations to choose from, I mainly use the pc for gaming and virtual reality so I'm always going for performance demanding games, thank in advance for any help given.

Solution
So my old motherboard died few days back and need a new one the problem is I don't really have much knowledge when it comes to components performance etc, I need a motherboard compatible, these are the components I have
And well the rest for now it would be really helpful to find the base, for now I can just afford the motherboard for now, I don't mind the price but would be nice if someone can give me various recommendations to choose from, I mainly use the pc for gaming and virtual reality so I'm always going for performance demanding games, thank in advance for any help given.
Some options...
Some options.
https://pcpartpicker.com/products/motherboard/?compatible_with=VKx9TW

Solution
What is the make/model of your old motherboard?

If possible, I would buy the exact same model as a replacement.
If you buy a different compatible motherboard, you will need to insall new motherboard drivers.
And... if your windows copy is OEM and not retail, there may be activation issues.

You will have to buy used since older motherboards are no longer made.
Ebay is the most likely source.

Reactions: KyaraM

logainofhades

Titan

What is the budget for this?