Question Need help finding a compatible RAM/HD laptop

Jan 9, 2021
I am unable to repair my Lenovo Edge 15. I had it maxed out memory wise and what I miss most is the backlit keyboard, the touch-screen and screen folding were cool but not as important for me as the backlit keyboard. Right now I have the HD in a really slow (RAM maxed) Toshiba that is practically unusable. Can anyone recommend a compatible laptop under $300 that I can put my HD and memory in?

Last edited:
Why not get another used Edge 15? Used it should be in your price range. There are tons of used laptops for $300 but you will need to see which comes with a backlit keyboard, there are many models available with and without that option in the same range. New laptops would have DDR4 so if you want to use whatever RAM you have you need one that uses the DDR3L you already have.

Reactions: Drumzit
Jan 9, 2021
Thanks, none @ the Portland area, been looking for awhile. Going to a local shop, talked to him but as usual, I'm more knowledge/hack worthy, lol. I bought a Toshiba (using here) C75D-B7260 with an AMD and it doesn't recognize the HD and again, limited memory...
Do you have a good source like you're saying?
Again, thanks for your input.

Thanks, none @ the Portland area, been looking for awhile. Going to a local shop, talked to him but as usual, I'm more knowledge/hack worthy, lol. I bought a Toshiba (using here) C75D-B7260 with an AMD and it doesn't recognize the HD and again, limited memory...
Do you have a good source like you're saying?
Again, thanks for your input.

Craigslist usually has systems for sale, Facebook also has a marketplace with local listings. Any app like that would work, Letgo is another one that is pretty popular.

Reactions: Drumzit