[SOLVED] Need Help Finding a Desk

Bannable

Honorable
Jun 13, 2017
I currently have three 27 inch monitors on an Ikea linnmon desk (59x29 1/2 "), but I have a few problems and I am trying to find a desk that doesn't have these since at this point just getting a big piece of wood from Home Depot is looking like the best option.... but here are the problems with the Ikea desk: 1 - It is not deep enough, making it difficult to fit my monitors and all my peripherals; 2 - I honestly do not feel safe drilling a hole to mount the three monitors, which I'd like to do for aesthetic purposes, because of the "looseness" of desk material; 3 - Options are not great for height, as I am using Ikea Adils legs (27 1/2 inches) and they are about 3 inches too short; 4 - Finally, the desk overall is just a horrible build quality (don't know what I expect from $30), as it is starting to dip in the middle after not even a year of use. I hope I can find a desk that will suit my needs soon since it feels like this desk may break soon.... thanks!

Solution
Since you mentioned Home Depot. If you've got the tools and ability. Build your own. That's the only way you'll get one to your exact specifications.

Another option is to consider a solid steel frame. Then put on a plywood top. I'd go double thickness with 3/4" plywood for rigidity. The linked frame is height adjustable. It's just an example. I couldn't say how well it is built. But looks solid.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/AdvanceU...-220-lbs-with-4-Memory-Presets-Grey/718249944

Look for desks with solid oak tops. You want to avoid particle board. Plywood is fine though. Writing desks tend to be shallower.

Check Craigslist for high quality vintage...
Since you mentioned Home Depot. If you've got the tools and ability. Build your own. That's the only way you'll get one to your exact specifications.

Another option is to consider a solid steel frame. Then put on a plywood top. I'd go double thickness with 3/4" plywood for rigidity. The linked frame is height adjustable. It's just an example. I couldn't say how well it is built. But looks solid.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/AdvanceU...-220-lbs-with-4-Memory-Presets-Grey/718249944

Look for desks with solid oak tops. You want to avoid particle board. Plywood is fine though. Writing desks tend to be shallower.

Check Craigslist for high quality vintage solid wood desks for cheap. You know those will be well built. Plus you might get a nice cherry, walnut or mahogany desk. Hall, foyer and side tables are also valid options. Also check thrift stores.

Reactions: Ralston18
Solution