Need help finding a good anti virus software

raiyanahmed55

Honorable
May 23, 2013
I have got a Windows 8.1 Preview OS, Intel Core i7 @ 3.60 GHz, 6 GB RAM, Nvidia Zotac GeForce GTX 660 Ti and Gigabyte Z77 Extreme Ultra Durable MB. Iam looking for a anti virus with deep scanning power and the one that won't slow down my pc. Please help me ASAP otherwise my pc will crash.

Solution
in Windows 8 they gave Security Essentials a name change and call it Windows Defender.
it you go to Control Panel> System and Security> Action Center under the security drop down you can see if it's enabled or disabled.

sometimes it will be disabled if you have trials of over software pre-installed when you buy a win8 computer. if it is Disabled then uninstall any other antivirus software restart computer and enable it. (thats if you want to use it) :)

GeekThief-1354135

Honorable
Jul 4, 2013
in Windows 8 they gave Security Essentials a name change and call it Windows Defender.
it you go to Control Panel> System and Security> Action Center under the security drop down you can see if it's enabled or disabled.

sometimes it will be disabled if you have trials of over software pre-installed when you buy a win8 computer. if it is Disabled then uninstall any other antivirus software restart computer and enable it. (thats if you want to use it) :)

Solution